Our team builds products to help Netflix account for the money we spend producing world-class, award-winning, high quality, and diverse content. The goal of our team is to provide accurate accounting of content spend and reduce the risks associated with reporting of the content spend..
We're looking for an Engineering Manager who can create a strong vision and viable roadmap as well as build and lead a team of world class software engineers. In this role you will optimize workflows across various aspects of Content Accounting and Financial reporting. You will help the team overcome technical challenges that come with the ever increasing volume and complexity of our productions -- all while maintaining the accuracy and timeliness of our financial data.
As a Engineering Manager you will:
• Drive success in a flat organization with minimal process and a heavy emphasis on individual responsibility.
• Support your team by helping them understand priorities and enabling them to ignore distractions and non-productive influences
• Be an exemplar of the Netflix culture
• Lead a team of high performing engineers who:
• Build the tools that efficiently tracks the Content Spend for all content Netflix produces or acquires.
• Ensure accuracy of forecasting by building fault tolerant systems and anomaly detection systems
• Architect and develop scalable, highly available solutions that run on AWS.
• Domain Experience. You have built financial applications and understand the building blocks and foundations required to build a complex financial solution.
• Engineering excellence. You have experience leading in a variety of contexts, during which you've built scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant systems. You have a solid knowledge of the whole web stack: front-end, back-end, databases, HTTP protocol, cloud applications, integrations.
• Skilled at architecture: The services we build are highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant. Understanding the trade offs involved in building high scale architectures. We are committed to making timely decisions to ensure that our systems can continue to match our growth.
• Mentorship / Guidance: You have a proven track record of managing a large successful team. You know that the most important part of your job is setting the team up for success. Through mentoring, teaching, and reviewing, you help other engineers make sound architectural decisions, improve their code quality, and get out of their comfort zone.
• Execution: You care tremendously about execution and feature velocity. You hold yourself personally accountable, jumping in and taking ownership of problems that might not even be in your team's scope.
• Hiring know-how. You're a thoughtful interviewer who constantly raises the bar for excellence. You believe that what seems amazing one day becomes the norm the next day, and that each new hire should significantly improve the team.
• Are Detail Oriented. You value data accuracy and also understand the nuances of the projects in flight.
• Experience working in any studios
• Built studio productions facing tools
• Experience with AWS
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $180,000 - $900,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy1emk-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.