Senior Technical Program Manager, Information Security Engineering
Los Gatos, CA
Netflix is revolutionizing entertainment by creating content people love and bringing joy to people around the world.
As Netflix continues to innovate on its product and grow its member base, we also have a strategic goal to build a globally connected and data-informed studio that can manage hundreds of productions simultaneously. The scale and challenges of integrating production and studio data with the product data are unprecedented in the industry.
In this mission, the data platform is at the core of Netflix's success. The big data warehouse team is part of the data platform team. It is responsible for two key missions. We aspire to build an intelligent big data warehouse that works like a product to abstract the details of managing large datasets typically needed from its users in a large-scale big data environment. We are also building a coherent data strategy across Netflix. We are in the midst of devising the long term strategy and roadmap for our cross-organizational data governance initiatives by innovating on a Netflix-wide metadata platform. Here is the team's charter that has more details on the missions of this team.
We are looking for a strong leader to make a big impact on both of these fronts. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team to bring new perspectives as we solve the next set of challenges. In addition, we are open to remote candidates. We value what you can do, from anywhere in the US.
Specifically, you will:
• Drive the vision, evolution, and innovation of the intelligent big data warehouse and metadata platform initiatives.
• Collaborating with all leaders in the data platform team and partners' organizations to define the right scope in which to deliver the right product at the right time.
• Be a technical advisor working alongside the team to build a cohesive ecosystem of systems/services to advance the team charter.
• Lead and grow an inclusive and high-performing team where everyone can contribute and make a difference to the team's mission.
• Helping and enabling engineers to grow and flourish in a relatively flat engineering organization.
You find joy and have experience in:
• Collaborating with partners to strategize, crystalize and build long-term roadmaps for ambiguous business needs.
• Leading cross functional and cross team projects and bringing it to successful completion.
• Building and operating large-scale distributed services for use by other teams; ideally with experience in cloud-based platforms.
• Building and leading a team of engineers; ideally with experience leading remote employees. Understanding team needs and learning new approaches to increase representation through additive hiring.
• Exercising strong judgment and making thoughtful decisions with ambiguous situations. Striking the right balance between providing context vs. giving direction. Trading off short-term wins vs. long-term success based on various constraints.
Employees have tremendous freedom in their work, along with the corresponding responsibility and the accountability to do the right thing for Netflix. Read more about the Netflix culture here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro3op4-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.