Senior Software Engineer - Experimentation Platform
Los Gatos, CA
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 200+ million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. This is made possible, in part, by an engineering organization that enables our customers to stream content and our studio to produce content.
The Security Services Engineering organization supports these engineers at Netflix by creating and operating authentication, authorization, and cryptographic software services. The teams in this organization operate at the intersection of software engineering, privacy, and security expertise. The Auth Services team is responsible for the enforcement layers of authentication and authorization policy; creating high availability, low latency, and high throughput services, that are critical to the Netflix ecosystem and the Security Paved Road.
As the engineering manager for the Auth Services team, you'll be responsible for a team of high caliber security software engineers driving vision and direction for some of our most critical services. You enjoy giving and receiving feedback and will support your team to succeed and grow through candid mentorship and coaching. The role is highly cross functional, and you'll help your team solve the right problems by sharing business and technical context derived from the partnerships you will build with key stakeholders.
If you are curious about some of the team's work, you can watch this Building Identity for an Open Perimeter conference talk by our IAM engineers and this panel about Security Paved Road at Netflix.
What you'll need to be successful:
• You are a pragmatic security leader who believes in risk focused, scalable security approaches with a strong technical background in developing low latency, high resiliency, and high-availability, services.
• You have excellent communication skills and a product focused mindset to build the right solutions for your stakeholders and customers.
• Deep care for creating a team which models psychological safety and inclusivity, where team members can do their best work.
• You prefer collaboration and problem solving over process and mandates.
• You are comfortable dealing with ambiguity and independent decision making.
• You have experience leading, hiring, coaching and cultivating an excellent team.
• Ability to prioritize your team's investments to align with broad business goals and risk-based security initiatives.
• Well versed in identity and access management concepts.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq85qz-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.