Product Manager, Partner Enablement
Los Gatos, CA
At Netflix we do one thing - entertainment - and we aim to do it really well. To accomplish this goal, we must produce, distribute, and stream content at massive scale. We have a strong engineering organization that enables us to achieve these business objectives and a unique and creative culture that guides us to operate with ''Freedom and Responsibility''. This helps keep engineering velocity high, but also means that our security team needs to operate differently than a traditional security team. Employees have tremendous freedom in their work, along with the corresponding responsibility to do the right thing for Netflix. Instead of controlling engineers with process and security gates, we enable them to build secure code and provide them with adequate security context to make the right decisions for Netflix.
The Application Security (Appsec) team at Netflix helps secure systems and applications in our cloud infrastructure that run the Netflix business and the streaming product. We aren't your typical Appsec team because we focus our efforts on scalable techniques as opposed to just operational services. The Appsec Engineering team helps us scale Appsec with pragmatic engineering investments. Our approach is to guide developers towards simple, self-service solutions that meaningfully reduce security risk for software they create. Our team serves thousands of applications and developers, so we focus on automated and scalable approaches that eliminate bug classes, find vulnerabilities at scale and make default configurations secure.
We are looking for an engineering leader for the Appsec engineering team to enable our mission of effectively scaling Appsec at Netflix. You will be responsible for leading and cultivating a world class team of security software engineers. You will drive the strategy for Appsec engineering products in close collaboration with key partners with a pragmatic, risk focused approach.
• You are a pragmatic security leader who believes in risk focused, scalable security approaches.
• You have a strong technical background in scalable security solutions.
• You have strong communication skills and a product focused mindset to build the right solutions for your customers.
• You prefer collaboration and problem solving over process and mandates.
• You have experience hiring, coaching and cultivating an excellent team.
• You are a meticulous and responsive cross-team communicator and program leader.