Senior Software Engineer - Partner Engineering
Los Gatos, CA
Netflix is on a mission to bring unique stories from around the world to a massive worldwide audience at a scale never done before. We are building an innovative, technology-powered studio for the global production, promotion, and delivery of content.
Media Cloud Engineering (MCE) empowers engineers working on content and studio applications to be innovative and agile in supporting our massive global content production needs. We do that by providing scalable and resilient infrastructure to address integrated large-scale media, assets, data and collaboration use cases. Examples of this organization's work include massive scale media processing platforms (1, 2), workflows (conductor), and data processing scale.
Collaboration and Reporting Infrastructure (CRI) is one of the four teams within MCE. CRI builds scalable infrastructure to support shared collaboration and reporting use cases across the diverse and complex set of workflows required by the content production and promotion process. Our services free up application engineering teams to enable innovation in the content production space, provide a seamless experience to their business stakeholders and make accurate information available to help inform business decisions. At the same time, content production is primarily a creative process, requiring significant human involvement. Enabling effective collaboration among business users and artists is critical to our success.
This is an exciting opportunity for impact along two axes! We are looking for a strong leader to facilitate setting the vision for CRI and steering the team towards maximizing their impact. Equally important is our desire to augment the MCE leadership team and have our newest member play an active role in shaping the team's culture and contribute to the effectiveness of our leadership team.
In this role
• You will lead a team of software engineers to deliver high impact results. The following qualities and behaviors will help you succeed:
• The ability to establish and articulate a coherent vision and strategy for the team
• Act as a credible technical advisor to the team
• Balance business needs with strong engineering principles
• Make thoughtful decisions in ambiguous situations
• Effectively communicate complex ideas and influence decisions across a diverse range of stakeholders
• Build and nurture an inclusive, high performing team where every member feels accepted and respected
You have experience with
• People leadership of a software engineering team; ideally with remote employees
• Modern software development practices in cloud-based platforms
• Experience building and operating scalable and resilient infrastructure for use by other engineering teams
• The nuances of software development prioritization and making tradeoffs
• Leading projects spanning multiple cross-functional teams to successful completion
You can look forward to learning about
• Systems and tools that allow users to self serve their reporting needs
• Techniques to scale-out the platform across multiple domains within the studio (production, finance, promotions)
• Evolving systems while supporting rapid business innovation
• Leading large complex projects across many disparate, independent engineering teams through influence and joy of adoption
• Delivering and receiving candid feedback in a variety of situations
• Balancing between giving context vs. driving direction
• Growing senior engineers deep into their careers and increasing their impact at Netflix
• Understanding your team needs and learning about new approaches to increasing representation through additive hiring