The Engineering Sr. Technical Program Manager, is a senior leader in the Engineering organization, who will function as a strategic partner to the VP of Engineering to maximize business outcomes across the two thousand person engineering organization at Netflix. They will establish rhythm of the business practices and maximize performance through strong execution. Additionally, they will oversee cross-functional, organization-wide projects or initiatives, bringing together multiple stakeholders to help drive decisions and ensure alignment.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Develop and align with stakeholders on Engineering strategies.
• Drive strategic, cross functional initiatives such as preparing for quarterly business reviews, long-term vision/roadmap planning, facilitating program review meetings around key engineering wide initiatives.
• Establish and drive alignment and reporting around top line engineering metrics.
• Help with VP's communication up, down and sideways by aligning on structured and predictable ways for her to engage through different communication channels and owning the rhythm.
• Examples include: maintaining a public engineering calendar with key dates throughout the year, driving a communication cadence of email/All Hands, etc. facilitating engineering wide surveys, collating feedback, next steps.
• Work with the VP's direct reports, VPs, HRBPs, and Talent partners to identify, surface, and execute on key areas of culture investment and organizational change. Examples include employee growth and development, leadership expectations, mentorship programs.
• Work with key partners in Recruiting to ensure that Recruiting is aligned on hiring priorities and we have effective reporting and accountability structures.
• 12+ years experience; background in top tier management consulting and/or program/product management in a high growth technology organization strongly preferred.
• Awareness of technical challenges and understanding of how large engineering organizations operate.
• Creative problem solving (i.e., excels at identifying trends and patterns, developing root cause analysis, and using a diverse toolkit to diagnose problems).
• Ability to build rapport and influence quickly, both internally and externally.
• Strong engineering and product acumen. Demonstrated experience leading high-impact projects for the business at scale, especially those which innovate, improve business execution, and/or span multiple products and teams.
• Structured thinker; good at framing decisions and unearthing critical logic.
• Ability to develop strategic plans and organize projects across multiple teams and business functions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to represent and showcase complex business or technical concepts with senior leadership.
• Excellent time management, intentional prioritization and documentation skills required.
• Bachelor's or Masters' Degree in Business, Engineering, Technology, or related field or equivalent experience.
• Strong understanding of the software development life cycle.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rej1j8-52-90-49-108-42 in your application.