Editorial & Publishing Manager - Anime (Youtube)
Are you so passionate about anime it has shaped the fabric of your life? Do you reminisce about the first anime you ever saw? Are you the go-to person with recommendations for first-time anime watchers? If yes,the Netflix Anime Editorial Team might be just for you!
In this role you'll have the opportunities to:
1. Drive strategy for key editorial channels and global AV formats, laddering up to the overall Netflix Anime Editorial & Publishing strategy (and contributing to it, too!)
2. Shape the big picture of what global AV assets look like across Netflix Anime editorial ecosystem, including Netflix Anime YouTube and other channels/platforms
3. Take swings big and small in developing and producing breakthrough AV content
4. Manage the day-to-day editorial operations of our global AV content
5. Help make anime big at Netflix
This is not a community manager role and not a staff writer-producer; we're looking for someone like you to be a leader to help mentor and guide the great people we already have.
If you are English-Japanese bilingual and can not only navigate anime, manga, and video games in Japan, but have impeccable empathy and communication skills, this might be the role for you.
• Set a vision for your channels (including Netflix Anime YouTube) that ladders up to the overall anime editorial strategy
• Contribute to the overall Netflix Anime Editorial & Publishing strategy as a senior member of the Anime Editorial Team
• Lead development of repeatable, appointment-viewing global AV formats that target the ex-Japan audience like talk shows and reaction videos, including ideation, strategy, briefs, and cross-functional alignment
• Manage the day-to-day of talent relations for ex-Japan anime editorial talent at Netflix
• Oversee talent-related video production for ex-Japan editorial talent to ensure we have a constant flow of real people showing up on our anime channels, including both raw footage captures and finished shows from our vendors
• Work with and inspire other Netflix teams to create anime content for your channels and other channels
• Represent the anime editorial team with other teams when it comes to syndicating our assets to other Netflix editorial channels such as Netflix Brasil
• Serve as a partner and mentor to internal and external writers/producers working on Netflix-related editorial channels when it comes to anime
• Maintain, nurture, and grow a network of freelancers, vendors, and production companies to work with for constant creative excellence and innovation
• Build and manage development and production budgets and ensure all our vendors and freelancers are paid on time
• Serve as a thought leader within the team and creative partner on other assets, whether talent-related or not and whether AV assets or not, to ensure a healthy overall Netflix Anime editorial ecosystem
The Ideal Candidate Is...
• Full of creative vision and ready to make big bets. You are okay with failing as long as you learn from things and won't take it personally.
• Also willing to put in the work on day-to-day tactical things that we need to push through but have to be done (and you probably do them best).
• Able to articulate the ''why'' behind your big ideas, including the strategic journey from the high level thing you came up with all the way down to its tactical use cases
• Breathing anime. Seriously, anime is a 24/7 part of your life. If you don't truly love anime, this job is not for you.
• Exceptional at storytelling and experienced at creative. You have the proven ability to concept and produce high-quality AV that speaks to fans. Maybe you've worked in content creation at a brand or publishing outlet before, but more importantly, you are spending tons of time consuming video content personally. (Minimum 5 to 7 years experience ideal)
• Sophisticated understanding of online social platforms and the native formats that work on each. Deep YouTube expertise is a huge plus.
• Deep understanding of how cultural trends form, and the ability to anticipate and act on it.
• Proven track record of creating content that gets written, shared, and talked about.
• Experience using data and intuition to make content that grabs attention and engages its audience. Solid understanding of marketing and social media analytics; you can apply a data-centric approach to the testing and optimization of content.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working directly with talent and talent representation, in meetings and on shoots/sets. Skilled in pitching/ presenting with the ability to read the room.
• Respect and understanding for Netflix culture.
• High tolerance for change, and the capacity to accomplish enormous amounts in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
Netflix Japan will not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from recruitment agencies, and we will not be responsible for any related fees. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or employees.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d87mkq-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.