From ''High-Adrenaline Mexican Mysteries'' to ''Critically Acclaimed Brazilian Movies from the '90s,'' the system that powers Netflix's tens of thousands of personalized row recommendations is the result of years of painstaking content analysis, intricate taxonomical work, data science, and pure movie and TV geekery.
Now, Netflix's Editorial Creative team is seeking a unique candidate: One who can capture the essence of movies and TV shows, and turn that into data and information that helps connect people to content they'll love. This starts with digging deep into every title that launches on the service, tagging, rating, researching, and enhancing metadata, identifying the factors - genre, storyline, theme, tone, mood, and more - that will connect it with LatAm audiences and audiences around the globe.
This role will join a team of unique classification experts, people who can identify, collect, and transform the artistic qualities of movies and TV shows into the data that powers personalization for more than 200 million people around the world. You understand innately the facets, tropes, and themes that allow audiences around the world to laugh, think, escape, cry, and tell their friends, ''You have to watch this.''
You are comfortable working in a high-volume, high-quality, deadline-driven environment. You are an excellent cross-functional partner, and can communicate the importance of this work to Product, Content, and Marketing colleagues, as well as collaborate on special projects that use tags and metadata in new and engaging user experiences on the Netflix service.
Most importantly, you have deep-level knowledge of the world of Spanish-language film and television, and can connect that to your passion for media and global entertainment in general. You have an innate sense of trends and influences in LatAm content, and can succinctly and broadly communicate what's important about a piece of content, and why, in both Spanish and English.
• Excellent ability to analyze, tag, research, and write about all genres of movies and TV shows
• Detailed attention to quality, accuracy, and authentic representation of creative intent
• A deep understanding of the Latin American entertainment market
• An ability to successfully interpret the business strategy for the region
• Ability to quickly master internal tools and systems, and fluency in Excel, Airtable, Google Sheets and other data trackers and management systems a plus
• Excellent communication skills, especially in giving and responding to candid feedback
• Ability to multitask and self-manage projects that require cross-functional collaboration
• Ability to meet tight, dynamic deadlines in a fast-moving, professional environment
• Native-level fluency in Spanish; fluent in English
• At least 5 years of experience in similar roles in entertainment or other media
• Passionate about movies and TV with a deep knowledge of the Latin American entertainment industry and the global TV and entertainment market
• Keen understanding or interest in LatAm culture and history, including current affairs
• Knowledge of and passion for pop culture and new media trends
• Ability to distinguish nuances within different movie and TV genres and distill the essence of a movie/show, including sharing findings in a concise manner
• Demonstrated excellent cross-functional skills in previous roles, including presentation skills
• Strong leadership, time management and communication skills
• Ability to remain objective and deliver constructive analysis of content
• Experience working with large data catalogues a plus
• Experience managing teams or individuals a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d875kx-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.