Virtual Production Workflow Specialist
Los Angeles, CA
Director, VFX Series (UCAN)
As content created within the region of UCAN (United States & Canada) continues to grow exponentially, so does the need to have a senior-level executive within the Los Angeles office partnering with other Netflix executives to inform, guide and lead a team of VFX executives responsible for the successful creation of VFX for Series in America and Canada and working with facilities around the world.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
This candidate should have extensive knowledge of UCAN vendors and freelance talent inclusive of VFX Supervisors and Producers and the ability to communicate effectively with teams cross-functionally as we build strategies to cater for real-time solutions with dynamic scenarios. They should be passionate about creating and implementing impactful workflows in alignment with the global VFX group to help bring transparency to cross-functional production teams such as Content, Production and Post Production executives and visibility to each production with a technical awareness and affinity with both VFX Facility process and VFX production processes.
This role would report into the Director of VFX Production and would also promote a strong Global alignment to ensure consistency across the VFX department.
• Lead a team of VFX executivesDefine and lead the medium to long term strategy for execution of VFX on all Netflix UCAN Series
• Help cultivate a global network of vetted and approved partner VFX production facilities
• Help define best practices (in partnership with other regions and creative technologies), standards and production reporting templates for globally distributed VFX production
• Review VFX bids and schedules and assist with sourcing vendors and freelance deal negotiations
• Contribute toward the implementation of a cloud-based platform for managing global VFX
• Maintain alignment across cross-functional teams (Creative, legal, physical production and post-production)
• Work with our production partners to forge strong relationships and produce successful outcomes
• An experienced VFX professional that should have Studio, Production and or solid vendor side experience at Executive level having been in the business for a minimum of 10+ years.
• A proven ability to lead teams both large and small
• Hands-on experience managing cross-functional teams in volatile and time-sensitive situations
• Repeated success creating cross-functional workflow and processes that create visibility for multiple POV's
• A highly effective and impactful communicator, being able to converse intelligently and knowledgeably across functions that intersect with our business, i.e. (but not limited to) finance, legal, business affairs, post, physical production and engineering, in stressful and complex situations
• An innovator and strategic thinker who has a real passion for VFX, Virtual Production and all new technology
• Experience with implementation of Virtual Production technologies on titles and an ability to help grow the team's knowledge base on new technologies
• Organized about collecting data to help set business goals and best practices
• Passionate about finding new and innovative opportunities to disrupt the industry for the better
• Thinking outside the box, always looking for a different perspective to provide better data on how to move the needle
• Open minded and open to change
• A great listener that is approachable and able to connect on multiple levels to promote a healthy team environment