Digital Producer - Ucan
Los Angeles, CA
The Production Strategy & Operations Team builds the connective tissue for the Netflix Studio, empowering our Production Management teams and cross-functional partners with the resources they need to do their best work and reach operational excellence. We partner across all teams in the Studio to define 'good process' and drive efficiency and innovation in an ever-evolving global production environment.
People who excel on this team are globally savvy, positive, kind, self-motivated, flexible of thought and able to juggle multiple responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization. We value people who are creative problem solvers, have great judgement and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Truly collaborative, you are always excited to take on a new challenge and enjoy making the business better for everyone.
The Director, Program Management, leads the Global Project Managers in their partnership with the Studio Product Org to develop new tools to assist internal production management teams and external partners and crew to reach operational efficiency during the production process.
• Dedicated program management of projects and initiatives in support of alignment, innovation and consistent operational execution, globally
• Line Management of a team of Project Managers, Coordinator and Communications lead supporting global product and production initiatives
• Oversee the execution of the operational initiatives from all Production Management teams, prioritising out the 'needs' from the 'nice to haves'
• Work with Production Strategy & Operations Project Management team both globally and regionally, together with cross-functional Strategy & Operations partners, to identify critical business blockers and collaborating to solve and optimize these using new ways of working and technology
• Align, author and articulate Strategy & Operations Memos clearly outlining the problem statement, evangelizing operational priorities and partner with cross functional colleagues to develop hypothesis and solution(s)
• Help improve the workflow, communication and partnership between Production and Product teams, aiding in communication of key updates and developments, in partnership with S&O Comms and Alignment lead
• Surface and socialize high level Data integrity issues across the Production and Product Ecosystem, ensuring there are high levels of Data Coverage, defining data points that are useful to collect, with a focus on management reporting and bringing solutions to ensure high quality data capture and management
• Oversee the Talent and Vendor data pipeline and workflow with production management and cross functional teams who drive, assess and acquire the data to enable analysis, building an overall picture of the resulting landscape globally
• Keep a pulse on the production innovation space and project management industry and socialize key findings and updates with the team and wider Org
• Recruit and line manage a team of Global Project Managers, align with Regional Strategy & Operations leads and oversee any contingent talent needed for project-specific work
Skills & Qualifications:
• A passion for operations and a thirst to do more with less, to work smarter not harder
• Empathetic leadership style and change management experience, ensuring you take people of the journey with you when introducing new ways of working
• Senior-level project management office or management consultancy experience, ideally in a global product-centric environment
• Experience navigating and designing organisational structures and workflows understanding team and stakeholder needs and motivation
• Experience working with teams across geographies and a passion for understanding languages, cultures and nuances of worldwide production practices
• Experience of and passion for working in media and entertainment and ideally a knowledge of content production processes
• Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements; an analytical mindset, curiosity and a preference towards solving for scale
• Bias to action, proactive & innovative by nature
• Fluent written and spoken English proficiency essential. Additional language(s) a plus
• MBA/BA/BS degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
• The ability to exemplify the Netflix culture and values, acting as an ambassador for the team and wider business
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw80bp-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.