We are growing rapidly in a diverse range of countries and languages around the world, including Korea.
Original Korean content is core to our ongoing global success, and to support this global expansion we are quickly growing our slate of Korean originals. These originals are produced in the local language, using local production companies and talent. We believe that creating local original content will help us delight and win over local audiences while also building love for Netflix around the world.
Like all great companies, we strive to hire the best and we value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusivity, and collaboration. What is special about Netflix, among other things, is our Culture.
Find out more about Who We Are and what our Culture is like.
The Director of Production Management will drive and deliver physical production needs for Netflix Original content. He / She will partner with the Creative teams in scripted series, film, unscripted shows, stand-up specials and documentary series and features as well as other cross-functional groups to support the successful launches of our most high profile content. This is the opportunity to build and a robust production workflow and create and lead a team here at Netflix and reinforce the continuing growth and success of Netflix's Original content.
• Collaborate with filmmakers to deliver the highest quality Original Content
• Champion evolving technologies and determine how to incorporate into production and post-production workflows
• Investigate, research, and identify production locations and facilities for projects in development and pre-production
• Work with producers, accountants, and production finance to prepare production schedules and budgets for various potential locations
• Ensure that productions are on-schedule and on-budget, and identify potential problem areas as early as possible
• Negotiate facility deals for long-term stage rentals
• Identify and hire producer / line producers
• In coordination with creative executives, vet and approve all key department heads (DP, Production Designer, Costume Designer, Locations, Casting, etc.) and maintain a database of key production personnel and their availability.
• Communicate with business and creative execs on status of each production and keep them abreast of issues
• Coordinate production schedules and delivery with post-production executive to ensure timely delivery
• Work with finance and risk management to determine appropriate levels of insurance coverage and ensure that all productions are complying with these requirements
• Liaise with labor counsel regarding negotiating BTL deals and issues in various jurisdictions
• In conjunction with HR and labor counsel, create policies for production employee hiring processes
• Serve as a key point of contact with corporate HR for questions/inquiries around production employee issues
• Develop advanced production guidelines and workflow
• 15+ years of experience as a production executive, producer, line producer and/or production manager, preferably in both film and television
• Proven ability to build and lead teams
• Start-up experience strongly preferred, in particular crafting and creating an internal production management department
• Working knowledge of post-production process useful, hands-on post experience beneficial but not required
• Fluency in English required (at least intermediate level)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwn6nk-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.