The Original Independent and Family Film team at Netflix is dedicated to telling global stories that represent our audiences as well as the diverse talent both in front of and behind the camera. We are seeking an individual with leadership and management experience to join this amazing team as we continue to find innovative, collaborative ways to bring the creative visions of incredible storytellers to life.
The Director of Production Management will help lead the production management needs for the Original Independent & Family Film team. This person will be leading several direct reports working across a robust slate of movies with budgets that range from $5-$30m+. Additionally, this role will act as an external 'show-facing' executive, directly overseeing several projects per year. They will work with existing Production Management leadership to guide the production slate, and help strategize ways to more effectively manage the films. The ideal candidate has deep industry relationships and a history of working within the 'Mini-Major' level of studio production.
• Manage a team of 5 to 7 executives with 2 to 4 direct reports
• Directly oversee a subsection of the Original Independent & Family Film slate, assigning executives to projects, balancing workload across the team, and providing financial and operational guidance as required
• Serve as the lead production executive on 3 to 5 movies per year, sourcing and hiring the producers and/or production company as necessary, and providing guidance throughout the production process
• Work alongside Netflix creative executives and filmmakers during the development process to help design and structure the production plans, providing early stage budget estimates and location options.
• With a focus on Inclusion & Diversity, help grow the network of producers, companies and department heads the film team works with, and help develop strategies for increasing representation across the entire original film slate.
• Champion new initiatives such as green sustainable production to lessen the environmental impact made by our productions.
• Align with the studio operations and strategy team to find studio-wide synergies and efficiencies between original film, original series and non-fiction production
• A passion for film and the collaborative process of filmmaking
• 15+ years of experience as a scripted producer or production executive, preferably with knowledge of the studio system
• Proven ability to build and lead teams on a project level, as well on a corporate level.
• Experience working on scripted content that shoots across the globe
• Experience working on productions that shoot in tax credit locations
• A strong understanding of the film production process and working familiarity with the various entertainment guilds and unions including without limitation SAG-AFTRA, DGA, WGA and IATSE.
• Track record of fostering, building and maintaining relationships with filmmakers, executives, agents and key vendors
• Proficient user of Movie Magic Budgeting and Scheduling, and familiarity with industry standard financial reporting processes (cost reporting, hot costs, etc.)