Engineering Manager - Media Systems
Los Gatos, CA
Almost 200 million members worldwide love Netflix. We view Customer Service as an extension of our product. Whether someone is signing up for the service, sitting down to watch their favorite movie or show, or reaching out for help, we want to deliver an experience that is as frictionless and easy as possible. We are searching for an experienced CS technology leader to help build and execute on a technology vision and strategy that will meet the current and future needs of our business.
As Director of Product Management, you must demonstrate a passion for delivering exceptional service, and innovation to address a dynamic and growing network of global customers and customer service agents. While the primary focus of this role will be on agent facing tools and technology, it is critical that this individal have a holistic understanding of the various ways a customer may seek resolution (i.e., Help Center, assisted channels, live agent support, etc.). The ability to build strong partnerships with peers in design, engineering, operations, and analytics will be critical in delivering consistency and seamless integration across the tools and solutions we build.
At Netflix, our unconventional approach and out of the box creativity has allowed us to accelerate the business in new and creative ways. Deep industry knowledge and experience are important, however, we value the ability to approach business problems from different perspectives. Exercise great judgement in prioritizing innovations with the biggest business impact, informed by previous learning and data.
As a senior member of the CS Leadership team you will partner closely with your peers within CS (Operations, Learning & Development, Workforce Management, Escalations, Product Support Operations/CS Insights). In this capacity you will help identify technology initiatives that are most impactful to the live agent experience and peer teams, and collaborate with your partners across all consumer facing channels to appropriately prioritize resourcing and investments.
• Provide product management vision and leadership (customer understanding, prioritization, requirements definition) for all agent facing and internal tools and technology
• Evaluate current tools and identify new opportunities to improve the customer experience across multiple touch points
• Build out a CS technology roadmap that evaluates future investments based on data-driven ''build'' vs ''buy'' and ROI analyses
• Maintain an understanding of the similarities and differences in our customers' and agents' needs across the different regions, and tailor experience as appropriate
• Embody the Netflix culture and core values
What We're Looking for:
• 8+ years product & technology leadership experience within customer service industry
• Ability to leverage data and good judgment to make difficult decisions in a timely manner
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to succinctly articulate concepts, ideas, and recommendations in memo and presentation format
• Ability to collaborate effectively across cross-functional teams and stakeholders
• Customer service, CRM, and cloud based agent tools