Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 222 million members in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen.
The Creative Production team is collectively responsible for the launch and representation of content on Netflix - including localisation of the Netflix experience and content, synopses, metadata, ratings and creative assets. Nested within Creative Production, the Product Creative Studio team's purpose is to create the most compelling discovery experience through artwork and video to connect our millions of global subscribers to the content they love. The team partners with content creators and distributors to define how their content is creatively represented on Netflix, working closely with internal creative teams and external agencies to develop promotional creative campaigns dedicated to helping members choose a great title to watch. This role will contribute to new areas of creative exploration for title representation and require frequent travel throughout Asia and to our Los Angeles and Los Gatos, California offices.
We are looking for a director in Seoul who can work to develop a business strategy and a creative practice for the team across Asia Pacific. You will lead a distributed team of creative strategists, producers, designers and video editors who drive the acquisition and development of all creative elements for both licensed and original content from APAC on our service. You'll create strong partnerships and collaborate across Marketing, Content and Product to bring our subscribers a unique and unparalleled internet TV experience.
• Continually evolve the team's vision and strategy as we both learn from and grow our content in the APAC region. Success at Netflix is a moving target and it is important to be able to pivot and move when the market needs change and be quick to relay context to their team, helping them to connect the dots between business context and their day-to-day work.
• Relentlessly focus on developing the multi-disciplined talent on their team, setting a strong example of empowering and coaching their team members.
• Look for ways to build thoughtful systems and approaches across the APAC team to improve and streamline workflows, while also scaling the impact of our work.
• Being a Director at Netflix is about working to improve the day-to-day of your team and making sure your team can be as effective as possible in their roles. As a result, it's critical that this role is capable of ''clearing the road'' for the team, constantly looking for ways to make their jobs easier by improving cross-functional relationships, identifying gaps/issues with workflows, etc.
• Be an advocate for creative excellence on Product and the member experience to various cross-functional and external partners, keeping abreast of and communicating relevant ongoing/ upcoming innovation efforts led by Product teams in Los Gatos.
• A regional director is expected to behave autonomously in decision-making and act as a community leader on the behalf of the Creative Production team.
• An exceptional, tenacious, tenured leader with a big heart for people and clear head for impact. We're looking for someone with 12+ years of experience building, managing, and evolving distributed creative teams.
• Deep experience working in or with the APAC region. Awareness of global/local content trends within the markets is a plus.
• Proven ability to build strong cross-functional relationships with both technical and creative partners, and within matrixed organisations. You must be an exceptional communicator with the ability to inspire, influence and present to large, diverse audiences.
• Must be capable and conversant in all aspects of digital creative and have a baseline understanding of image and video production workflows.
• Effective at giving honest and direct feedback and building team members for the future.
• Locally-focused, globally-minded. Willingness and ability to travel and work offset hours to better align with our global office time zones as the business needs require.
• Understand, advocate, and embody the company's values and team goals.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4068v-44-201-68-86-42 in your application.