Operational Program Manager, EMEA
Netflix is responsible for a significant portion of primetime Internet traffic globally and continues to experience amazing growth. The Open Connect Partner Engagement Team works to ensure the best end-user quality of experience possible through efforts with ISPs to maximize traffic throughput and minimize network congestion, in order to provide a great Netflix experience while reducing costs for ISPs. Details on our Open Connect program including peering and Open Connect Appliances (OCAs) are available at http://openconnect.netflix.com.
This role is suited to a seasoned professional with more than 5 years of related experience in complex negotiations and relationship management with Internet Service Providers, who is looking for a new challenge at one of the largest internet content providers in the world.
The Partner Engagement Director, Open Connect will report into the Vice President of Partner Engagement and have the following responsibilities:
• Own, manage, and deepen all aspects of the relationships with ISP partners in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. More specifically as it relates to network capacity deployment strategies and interconnections optimizing the delivery of Netflix streaming services
• Provide regular updates and capacity forecasts to ISP partners on Netflix traffic destined to users, and suggest potential network optimizations where appropriate
• Monitor and influence interconnection, OCA deployments, and utilization strategies to ensure an optimized quality of experience
• Collaborate with the Netflix Content Delivery Network (CDN) teams to drive ISP partner requirements and priorities on service availability while effectively balancing technical solutions with relationship objectives
• Partner with internal stakeholders (Business Development, Government Relations, other cross-functional Partner Ecosystem teams) on overall engagement strategies and representing Netflix in the market
• Define and lead ISP communications strategy and efforts with key senior executives to broaden and strengthen partnerships
• Contribute to relevant industry organizations and events to promote Open Connect and to help further develop the global interconnection ecosystem
• Strong network technology background with ability to interpret metrics supporting capacity deployment strategies
• Deep knowledge of the EMEA ISP environment
• Passionate and familiar with Internet technology concepts and their use by ISPs including routing (IGP/BGP), traffic management, and interconnection and data center services
• Ability to clearly present Netflix Open Connect concepts and activities for audiences of various sizes and levels of understanding
• Capable of balancing strategic imperatives and tactical needs
• Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly with a wide variety of technical, business, and legal contacts at ISP partners
• Capable of using data analytics to drive decisions. Ability to analyze and present a variety of data using Google Sheets, scripting, and database queries
• Produce reports using tools such as Tableau for internal and partner uses
• High-level project management skills to ensure the success of partner activities
• Team-oriented with a proven track record working in a highly diverse setting
• Experience working with local, regional and global teams
• The successful candidate will be fluent in English, however additional language skills are a big plus
In addition, they must have the following qualities:
• Be a self-starter. You see a problem or opportunity and act on it independently
• Be an active listener
• Know when to escalate
• Write technical documentation
• Find the solution that no one else thought of
Our unique company culture is a key part of our approach to innovation. You will be a critical person in a high-performance organization that is truly changing how the world watches movies and TV.
Our first step was to integrate Netflix into all devices, now things start to get interesting...