The role location is flexible between Los Angeles or Los Gatos, CA.
It's an amazing time to join Netflix as we continue shaping the future of global entertainment, bringing new stories to millions of people worldwide.
The successful candidate will be a thought leader with a proven record of leading a team and managing a diverse set of global risks. You will manage a high performing team supporting Netflix's production and corporate businesses while partnering closely with many cross-functional stakeholders. You will be able to design a risk strategy that aligns with Netflix's philosophy and gain buy-in from upper management as well as cross-functional partners. You'll be hands-on as well as strategic, with an ability to manage daily operations while foreseeing and planning for the company's future needs.
• Lead, coach and develop individuals on the Risk Management Team to scale with the business.
• Formulate and manage Netflix's Business Risk and Insurance strategy. Design and implement a framework around risk transfer and retention decisions that aligns with Netflix's philosophy.
• Evaluate a broad set of risks including production, errors & omissions, property, casualty and workers comp. Lead the analysis and potential implementation of alternative risk transfer financing mechanisms (including a captive insurance program) and procurement of external insurance and reinsurance as dictated by economics and business needs.
• Negotiation of insurance pricing and coverage terms.
• Management of transfer of liabilities through contractual negotiations.
• Ability to analyze large data sets to find simple, intuitive and impactful metrics to drive program results and report to upper management.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Physical Production, Production Finance, Safety & Security, Finance and Legal and drive projects across groups.
• Understand and accurately interpret laws, rules, regulations and other guidelines relating to insurance coverage and risk management.
• 15+ years experience in risk management and/or insurance brokerage or underwriting
• Bachelor's degree in finance or related discipline
• Knowledge and experience with insurance economics and underwriting business model
• Experience with claims management process
• Experience working with Actuaries
• Experience forming and operating a captive insurer and experience with alternative risk transfer techniques
• Analytics and quantitative experience
• Experience with GAAP accounting topics in risk and insurance
• Hands on, results driven with strong project management skills.
• Management experience, with demonstrated track record leading and managing a team
• Ability to act as the insurance subject matter expert and advise internal teams on potential risks and coverage requirements for company initiatives.
• Hands-on experience with various systems and tools and a continual focus on process improvement and automation