The Netflix member product team is responsible for innovating and evolving how our members discover and enjoy our service around the world. Netflix is looking for a seasoned product management leader to drive our member product experience. In this role, you will help define the future of entertainment discovery and consumption for a rapidly growing audience of over two hundred million consumers globally.
Our purpose is to entertain the world. To do so, we connect our customers to stories that they love in a way that resonates with them. To succeed, our service must be engaging and intuitive across all devices and in all markets: not a small challenge.
We are data-driven and want someone who is comfortable using data to inform priorities and assess test results. At the same time, we are looking for a product leader who demonstrates customer empathy and has solid instincts. In this role, it's your job to inspire and influence the team by articulating and continuously reinforcing the product vision.
In this role, you will:
• Take product concepts from idea through validation, shipping, measurement, and iteration.
• Work as part of an autonomous agile team along with experienced designers, engineers, consumer insights, and data science & analytics teams to deliver outstanding products to our customers.
• Author strategy documents (memos) and presentations, and represent your team's work to senior executives and content partners.
• Work with your data science and analytics counterparts to build business cases and interpret results from a/b tests.
• Work with your consumer insights and experience design partners to deeply understand and socialize the evolving needs of our customers, content team, and partners.
• The opportunity to have impact. The Netflix product management model is different from most technology companies. Our key product management leaders - including this position - work with multiple sprint teams but do not have direct reports. Consequently, we're looking for experienced product leaders who are strategic and also like rolling up their sleeves. Our PM teams are intentionally small to allow for broad ownership for each leader.
• Responsibility. Netflix offers true transparency and autonomy. Our culture is unique and is key to how we innovate.
• Learning. You will be creating customer experiences and business models that have never been done before. You will have the opportunity to work with stunning colleagues who value collaboration and from whom you can learn.
• A work environment where you can grow your career. Many of our top execs started out as individual contributors.
• 10+ years experience in product development
• 5+ years technology product management with agile teams, with responsibility across a portfolio of products or services
• 3+ years mass-market consumer software products
• Solid understanding of mobile and web technologies and user experience design patterns, and the innate curiosity and desire to learn more.
• Understanding of quantitative research methods such as AB testing and analytics
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in engineering, technical program management, product design, or analytics
• Experience with entertainment content production or distribution
• Strong public speaking and presentation skills
• Computer science degree or equivalent
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and better products for our customers.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g67pn0-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.