About the Team
The Search & Engagement team builds the backend systems that help millions of members globally find and discover content they'll love via Search, Voice UI, and other interactive experiences in the Netflix product.
About the role
We are looking for a senior engineering leader with great product sense to lead an amazing team of engineers as we scale for continued growth. You will develop a vision for the team, and generate an engineering roadmap to deliver on multiple product and engineering initiatives. You will exemplify the Netflix leadership principles, contribute to our incredible culture, and formulate strong partnerships throughout the company at all levels. In this role, you will be a critical member of the Personalization Application Engineering Leadership team where you will have the opportunity to advise and shape the broader future of Personalization at Netflix.
• Balance multiple business and product priorities to deliver maximal impact.
• Develop an engineering roadmap that positions our systems for scale and continued innovation.
• Build a high performing, inclusive, and diverse team of top engineering talent.
• Build strong and trusting partnerships with Product Managers, Engineering leadership, and Business stakeholders.
• Be a role model of the Netflix culture.
• Contribute, shape, and influence the broader Personalization strategy and goals.
• Support your team by helping them understand priorities and providing context to help them make better decisions.
• Drive success in a flat organization with minimal process and a heavy emphasis on individual responsibility.
• Understand the business and build domain expertise in functions relevant to your systems
• Ability to hire, grow, and retain top engineering talent.
• Successful track record developing high performing teams capable of solving complex problems and delivering elegant solutions that scale.
• Experience leading engineering teams and diving into technical details to help the team make decisions that lead to efficient, flexible systems that scale.
• Executive presence in interactions with senior leadership (VP/C-Staff).
• You are a strong communicator with exceptional listening skills, and the ability to see the bigger picture and communicate this effectively at all levels.
• You are a thought partner to your business stakeholders and successfully influence product direction. Your ideas are actively sought out by Product Managers (PMs). You can take a conceptual idea and transform it into an actionable test that is both feasible and meets business needs.
We look forward to discussing more about Netflix culture, our approach to Inclusion & Diversity and what it's like to work at Netflix.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5p9z0-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.