Design Program Manager
Los Gatos, CA
Who we are:
The Data Platform team is responsible for providing the infrastructure supporting all data within Netflix, including (but not limited to) our Big Data platform, our operational data stores, our data transport layers, and our reporting solutions, ensuring it is done easily, responsibly and scalably. As Netflix's business grows, the Data Platform will have more and more data from multiple different origins available for our users to analyze. Ironically, that will make it even harder for our users to work with the data, as it increases in complexity.
The Data Edge team exists to be the front door for our users, to ensure it is as easy as possible to find the data they need, understand it, and quickly take action on it. We are looking for a senior leader to tackle the challenge of creating a unified, consistent, elegant vision for how we will provide data to anyone who needs to use it. The audience will range from non-technical users working in content creation to highly technical distributed developers and data engineers.
What you will do:
• Develop a strong product vision (technical leaders at Netflix are generally rather product-minded) for the various offerings provided by the data edge team.
• Organize the team to be structured in a way that will deliver on your vision, growing it where necessary.
• Grow and mentor the leaders in your team.
• Forge strong relationships with your partners within the Data Platform org as well as with your external partners, consuming your products.
• Be a strong peer, comfortably participating at the senior leadership level within our organization, helping to drive alignment and understanding across the broader Data Platform org.
Why you will succeed:
• You love to express your vision about where things could go.
• The challenge of growing teams thoughtfully, with an eye for additive perspectives, is something you find stimulating.
• You understand ''internal'' applications require just as much rigor and excellence as customer-facing ones.
• You relish the idea of coaching and building leaders (both within your team and at the senior leadership level for the Data Platform organization).
• You care very deeply about creating teams that model psychological safety and inclusivity, where engineers can do their best work.
• You understand relationship building is as essential as strong technical vision.
A few more things about us:
As a team, we come from many different countries and our fields of education range from the humanities to engineering to computer science. Our team includes product managers, program managers, designers, full-stack developers, distributed systems engineers, and data scientists. Folks have the opportunity to wear different hats, should they choose to. We strongly believe this diversity has helped us build an inclusive and empathetic environment, and are looking forward to adding your perspective to the mix!
We are remote inclusive and our culture is unique. We tend to live by our values, so it's worth learning more about Netflix here.