Associate Producer, Product Creative Strategy
It's an amazing time to be joining Netflix as we continue to transform entertainment globally. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
We are looking to build a Consumer Products team to help grow member joy and engagement around key titles by developing new ways for our members and fans to interact with Netflix.
We are pursuing consumer products because we believe it will drive meaningful show awareness/buzz with more tangible, curated ways to interact with our most popular content and ultimately, drive long term revenue. Ideally our products connect members to our content, and each other, by bringing their favorite stories to real life.
This role requires someone to take on the responsibility of creating and executing Netflix consumer products licensing and retail strategy for the APAC region based on the Netflix originals content slate, with particular focus on Japan to start.
What you will do:
• Own retail and licensing strategy for all CP categories (excluding publishing & interactive) across APAC, while collaborating with the central CP team on global partnerships.
• Develop go-to-market plans by title (consumer, trade and retail marketing) with partners, achieving a balance between driving consumer demand (a proxy for fan joy) and delivering meaningful revenue.
• Be an internal and external champion of the opportunity and vision with regards to our licensing strategy and push for innovation in partner selection, product development, line planning, business models, strategic partnerships, etc.
• Develop and implement a retail strategy for growth in all channels by country (including e-commerce).
• Build relationships across the creative collaborator community and be our pulse of product trend culture in Japan.
• Manage Netflix licensing agency relationship in APAC as the direct liaison for each of their country offices.
• Responsible for management and hiring of APAC licensing and retail team as CP continues to scale across the region.
• Lead all CP efforts and communications internally across Netflix APAC region, acting as thought partner and aligning on strategy with key internal teams.
• Build strong relationships with cross functional teams.
What we need from you:
• Demonstrated, 12+ years of experience in building and owning the end-to-end licensing & retail function at a reputable brand (entertainment studio, retailer, gaming, agency).
• Bachelor's degree or advanced degree (preferred).
• Ability to work with; and innovate in new sales channels and business models.
• Experience across all key categories, including softlines and hardlines product.
• Well balanced traditional Licensing & Retail background, with out-of-the box and innovative experience and approach.
• Robust knowledge of the licensing landscape with impeccable contacts and network across the APAC licensing & retail landscape.
• Pop culture, lifestyle experience.
• Strong team management skills.