Netflix is revolutionizing entertainment. We deliver billions of hours of movies and TV shows per month to over 200 million paying members around the globe. A core part of our mission is to delight our members with every aspect of the experience from choosing something to watch, to viewing across devices at home or on the go, with friends, family or on your own and no matter what language you speak.
The Product UX Insights Director is a key leadership role within the centralized Data & Insights organization, a respected team for bringing an objective understanding of underlying consumer behavior complemented with deep interpretation and implications based on the team's insights expertise. The mission is to create a competitive advantage for Netflix by delivering solid insights that help create the most delightful experience possible for consumers. You will be responsible for a team that defines, leads, analyzes, interprets and socializes insights initiatives.
You and your team will have a clear impact on increasing the delight that our members have interacting on a daily basis with Netflix, adapting the service for a global consumer, driving innovation for new features, UI improvements across platforms (especially mobile and 10'), and overall enhancing user experience across the UI, platforms and features. You will work closely with the entire Product Innovation organization, partnering with Product Management, Design, Engineering and cross-functional teams as well.
In this role you leverage your:
• Inspiring Leadership
• Provide inspiring vision and leadership for your team to set priorities, scale for growth and elevate the overall impact of the team.
• Strong experience leading an inclusive team and hiring amazing and diverse talent.
• Deep UX Research Expertise
• Apply a broad research (qual & quant) toolkit while sharing deep UX experience and expertise. Your capable team performs much of the research in-house and loves to engage in methodological discourse.
• Leaders at Netflix do tend to roll up our sleeves, and you may also develop in-house capabilities (innovation efforts, usability, etc.)
• Agile with large amounts of data (qualitative, quantitative, behavioral, secondary, etc.)--determining what's important and distilling it into actionable insights without getting caught up in analysis paralysis. Able to synthesize across multiple sources into a clear and concise story.
• Insatiable Curiosity
• Your lifelong mission has been to understand people, their behaviors, attitudes, and motivators
• Product Design Focus
• Uncover deep and relevant insights, but don't stop there - ensure these are translated into actionable outcomes that affect our product design, whether through relevant recommendations or through leading ideation sessions.
• Cross-Functional Connector
• Build bridges across the organization to deeply understand the business, bring context to the team and amplify the learnings to infuse the voice of the consumer into a culture that thrives on consumer understanding. You will interact closely with product management, design, engineering, and other groups.
• Straightforward, honest, and succinct communicator. Can organize, clarify and communicate complex ideas quickly, succinctly, and accurately. You have quick intelligence, are fast on the feet, and quickly respond to inquiries and questions.
• Global Perspective
• Netflix is global! The outcome of your work will need to reflect the underlying needs of an international consumer base.
Your background includes:
• 12+ years of experience in UX Research / Consumer Insights on the client and/or agency side. You will have hands-on expertise and a passion for research and product innovation.
• 5+ years of leadership experience, managing and inspiring teams as well as fostering cross-functional relationships across the business.
• Thrive on wanting to know why consumers act and feel the way they do, love sharing this understanding with others, and be known for accurately predicting consumer behavior and reaction. You run circles around others when it comes to understanding consumer drivers and motivations. You boldly bring the voice of the consumer into the room in a way that has a direct and immediate impact on the business, even when your points are controversial. You're not intimated to bring edgy and controversial perspectives to the table.
• Track record as a strategic thought leader and contributing to the profitable top-line growth of a consumer-focused company by uncovering behaviors and insights that result in breakthrough insights.
• Creative. Demonstrated ability to think innovatively-connecting the dots where others cannot when it comes to consumers to create business-building insights.
• Past experience in a culture that utilizes big data and AB testing is a plus.
• Experience leading globally distributed teams is a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22185-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.