Manager, Title Operations
Mexico City, Mexico
Netflix launched in Mexico in 2011 and opened its Mexico City office in 2019, which is rapidly expanding. As one of our first international markets, the region and the team continue to play a vital role in our ongoing growth outside of the US.
As Netflix continues to grow in Mexico, we are looking for a Director to join our new Mexico City-based team driving the strategy for our marketing efforts. This position will partner closely with regional Marketing leadership to inform important business decisions with data-driven insights and with other leaders within the Marketing Strategy and Operations team. This position will report directly to the global VP of Marketing Strategy and Operations.
As our international presence increases, the marketing organization requires close partnerships in order to define and implement a strategy that is both locally relevant and globally aligned. The Marketing Strategy team is the main partner in providing data driven insights that guide our local strategy and in implementing global projects aimed at operational efficiency.
|Structure & Team Goals
The Marketing Strategy team is a global team with regional presence across the globe. It has the responsibility to bridge the local strategy with our goals as an international company and partners with both local marketing leadership and global partners to achieve those results. The main goals will be:
- Help shape local marketing strategies by supporting local leadership with data-driven thought partnership
- Guide our marketing strategy by evaluating our success by developing and using success evaluation frameworks
- Generate operational efficiencies across marketing teams through improved workflows and tools
|Who are you?
• An inclusive and transparent leader that exemplifies the Netflix values, and is able to build and grow strong, diverse, inclusive, and global teams, and lead with clarity and consistency.
• A thought leader - someone who can think long term, and partner closely with regional leadership and global stakeholders, while managing the day to day aspects of the team.
• A leader with a high level of curiosity, who understands all aspects of the business deeply, acting as a key part of the overall leadership on the Global Marketing Strategy & Operations team.
• An independent thinker capable of self-motivating and self-managing, thriving with the level of freedom we offer our employees. You are able to navigate complex operational problems and work across multiple teams to identify opportunities and implement solutions
• A confident and decisive communicator with a strong POV, and someone who can expertly influence key stakeholders and foster deep relationships across the business at all levels, while empowering their team at the same time.
• Objective, analytical and detail oriented, a proficient problem solver, and an excellent communicator who can clearly articulate strategy and thinking and translate as necessary for global stakeholders across the business.
• Able to take projects from start to finish: generate actionable insights, define work plans and timelines and implement solutions in partnership with cross functional teams
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment, focuses on generating results and exhibits the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• A self-starter and able to work effectively in an autonomous manner. Open to receive candid feedback about your performance and see it as a way of growth
|Roles & Responsibilities
• Act as the main thought partner to the regional Marketing leadership by providing analytical support in decision making and strategic planning.
• Lead the regional Marketing Strategy team: coach the team on development areas, maintain high standards in their analytical work, help them navigate the complexities of the organization and lead by example in alignment with our principles of Freedom and Responsibility and Context, not Control, giving individual collaborators the space and support to thrive at Netflix
• Lead global teams on various high impact initiatives related to performance measurement and operational efficiency, providing thought leadership and guidance.
• Act as a representative of the region and function in a variety of high level decision making on topics such as pricing, product optimization / innovation, budgeting, competitive positioning and more.
• Be a strong culture player who can help us propagate and nurture our company values among the growing Mexico team.
• The ideal candidate combines a highly analytical approach with strong communication skills and a solid operator mindset, i.e generating relevant, actionable insights, getting buy with stakeholders and implementing them in partnership with cross functional teams.
• Proven track record of inclusive leadership, providing a high level of freedom to team members in a highly demanding environment.
• Experience advising senior management in business and marketing strategy, excelling at building trusting, long term relationships and getting cross functional buy in on multiple high impact initiatives.
• Experience in leading high performing and highly analytical teams
• Superb communication skills, both in writing and verbally, with experience in providing context-based leadership.
• 10-15 years of experience in a strategy & operations role in a media/entertainment/tech company.
• Prior experience in marketing is a plus, but not a prerequisite.
• 4-year degree in a relevant field with strong academic performance. MBA is a plus
• English and Spanish language fluency mandatory. Portuguese is a plus.