VP, FP&A - DTC Global Marketing
Los Angeles, CA
The Strategy, Planning & Analysis group is looking for a Director of Financial Planning & Analysis for Marketing & PR. This role will be a critical and integrated business partner to the Marketing & PR organizations and be responsible for short and long-term financial planning and analytics for the company's global Marketing and Public Relations initiatives. This position will reside within the company's Los Angeles office.
This role will partner closely with the Chief Marketing Officer, the Chief Communications Officer, and the global Marketing and PR leadership teams, and have a high degree of visibility with senior management throughout Netflix. Senior leaders depend heavily on the Financial Planning & Analysis group to accurately budget and forecast the business as well as lead analysis that is used to inform important business decisions with actionable insights.
This leader will be responsible for leading financial planning and analytics for all Marketing and PR teams globally. This is a role that requires significant thought leadership and people leadership. The subject matter spans nearer term improvements to existing financial planning cycles and longer term redesign of marketing forecasting and financial analysis to support growing content needs, market coverage and new business initiatives. Managing a team that is located in Los Angeles, Mexico City, Amsterdam, and Singapore, you will need to be a strong people leader able to set context with your team, partners, and stakeholders around the world and manage for impact - balancing a strategic approach with executional excellence.
You will be the primary Finance point of contact for the CMO and the CCO and the entire marketing and PR organizations. Additionally, you will be the Marketing finance point of contact and partner with numerous other Finance teams, including the broader FP&A team, the Corporate finance team, Financial Operations and Accounting teams. You will also need to strategically lead the decision making on tools and technology to understand how different systems and tools work together to achieve short and medium term planning and analysis objectives.
• Work closely with senior Marketing and PR executives to translate strategic initiatives into a multi-year operating financial roadmap. Support near-term and long-term Expense, Cash and Headcount forecasts for Marketing and PR.
• Drive thought leadership on building and maintaining a rolling forecast of current and future spend to track towards strategic objectives across all global markets and marketing channels.
• Prepare dynamic scenario analysis to facilitate discussion and offer informed recommendations when faced with economic trade-offs.
• Prepare quarterly guidance and financial update materials for Marketing and PR leaders, the broader Netflix FP&A and Corporate planning teams to identify potential shortfalls or surpluses and help prioritize spend.
• Improve workflows to scale with the growth in original productions and commissions.
• Develop KPIs, metrics and dashboards to understand and evaluate current and future Marketing and PR spend mix.
• Hire, manage and develop a high-performing team in multiple international offices. Establish priorities, set objectives, and provide guidance and feedback.
• Periodic travel to other Netflix offices located all over the world (Mexico City, Amsterdam, Singapore).
• 15+ years of relevant experience in highly strategic and operational finance functions. Significant experience in FP&A in complex business environments, investment banking, transactional consulting, public accounting or similar environments. Prior experience in consumer internet or media/entertainment and / or marketing is preferred.
• Extensive experience with leading, executing and communicating actionable quantitative and qualitative financial analysis to drive key business decisions. Superior proficiency with complex financial modeling and Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong communication and presentation skills with a track record of presenting detailed financial information and analytics to executives and senior management clearly and concisely. Ability to tailor communication style to various executive stakeholder sets, as well as effectively communicate financial concepts to non-finance stakeholders.
• Have a broad business view, high degree of curiosity and ability to view the business and solve problems with a CFO/CMO/CCO mindset.
• Display initiative in anticipating and meeting or exceeding the business demands of senior-level executives. Thrive in a fast-paced environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. Candidates must be willing to ''roll up their sleeves'' and be motivated, disciplined, flexible and able to work effectively autonomously.
• Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation.
• Must have proficiency working with systems and automated reporting tools (i.e., Hyperion, SAP, Workday financials, etc.).