Design Program Manager
Los Gatos, CA
As the world's leading online entertainment company, we are bringing original stories to nearly 200 million members in 190+ countries around the world. We constantly leverage data to drive future growth and increase the joy that our members receive from our service.
In this role, you will lead a team of talented engineers that build big data pipelines and services using distributed computing tools, such as Spark, Flink, MapReduce, and Hadoop. These data pipelines are used to power experimentation, machine learning models, and dashboards across a variety of growth-related domains, including growth advertising, pricing, messaging, payments, and partnerships.
You will work closely with a cross-functional team of product engineers, data scientists, and business stakeholders to help grow Netflix. The data your team produces will be used to help make business decisions and inform future product strategy.
• Provide guidance and mentorship to managers and individual contributors on the team.
• Develop strong relationships with data science, engineering, and business partners, and improve how we leverage data to grow Netflix.
• Expand your team by attracting diverse talent that can push our technical boundaries.
• Foster an inclusive environment, where all points of view are welcomed and encouraged.
• Be a thoughtful leader, and drive both technical and business priorities and roadmaps.
• Many years of experience leading engineering teams that design and build distributed systems.
• Experience hiring and mentoring high-caliber, data-focused engineers that have diverse technical strengths and backgrounds.
• High-energy self-starter with a passion for data. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong business acumen, and interest in contributing to roadmaps and strategy discussions.
• Exceptional communication skills, and can translate technical concepts into easy-to-understand language for business partners.
• Familiarity with experimentation (i.e., A/B testing) and/or machine learning is a plus.
• Experience working in a growth-related domain (e.g. advertising, pricing, messaging, payments, partnerships) is a plus.
A few more things to know:
Netflix offers amazing co-workers, new technology, fascinating analytical and technical challenges, and a Freedom & Responsibility Culture that's truly outstanding. It's worth learning more: http://jobs.netflix.com/culture