The Strategy, Planning & Analysis group is looking for a Director of Financial Planning & Analysis for Product. You will be a critical and integrated business partner to the Product organizations and be responsible for short and long-term financial planning and financial analytics for the company's Product initiatives. This position will reside within the company's Los Gatos office.
You will partner closely with the Chief Product Officer and the global Product leadership teams, and have a high degree of visibility with senior management throughout Netflix. Senior leaders depend heavily on the Financial Planning & Analysis group to accurately budget and forecast the business as well as lead analysis that is used to inform important business decisions with actionable insights.
This role requires significant thought leadership and people leadership. You will lead nearer term improvements to existing financial planning cycles and longer term redesign of product forecasting and financial analysis to support a matrixed organization where people is our biggest asset. Netflix's Product team is organized by functions, but supports different lines of business that span those functions via a matrixed org structure.
Our Product team's biggest investment and biggest asset is our people so you have to have a passion for helping leaders think about healthy and scrappy organizational growth and investments.
You will need to be a strong people leader able to set context with your team, and a broad range of partners and stakeholders. You will be the primary Finance point of contact for the Product leadership team as well as the finance point of contact and partner with numerous other Finance teams, including the broader FP&A team, the Corporate finance team, Financial Operations and Accounting teams. You are keen to manage for impact - balancing a strategic approach with executional excellence.
You will also need to strategically lead the decision making on tools and technology to understand how different systems and tools work together to achieve short and medium term planning and analysis objectives.
• Work closely with senior Product executives to translate strategic initiatives into a multi-year operating financial roadmap. Support near-term and long-term Expense and Headcount forecasts for Product.
• Drive thought leadership on building and maintaining a rolling forecast of current and future spend to track towards strategic objectives & businesses (e.g., consumer streaming vs internal studio systems) across functional groups.
• In partnership with HR, drive insight into relative resource allocation via data and activity analysis to provide Product leaders with greater understanding and insight into their organizations.
• Prepare quarterly guidance and financial update materials for Product leaders, the broader Netflix FP&A and Corporate planning teams to help leaders track to their annual targets.
• Improve workflows to scale with the growth in functions and across businesses, working with HR and Talent to guide headcount growth decisions.
• Prepare medium term (2-3years out) scenario analysis to facilitate discussion on medium term planning
• Develop KPIs, metrics and dashboards to guide insight into operational efficiency for operational groups within Product
• Hire, manage and develop a high-performing team. Establish priorities, set objectives, and provide guidance and feedback.
• 15+ years of relevant experience in highly strategic and operational finance functions. Significant experience in FP&A in complex business environments, investment banking, transactional consulting, public accounting or similar environments. Prior experience in consumer internet or technology is preferred.
• Extensive experience with leading, executing and communicating actionable quantitative and qualitative financial analysis to drive key business decisions. Superior proficiency with complex financial modeling, Excel, PowerPoint, and visualization of data to drive insight.
• Strong communication and presentation skills with a track record of presenting detailed financial information and analytics to executives and senior management clearly and concisely. Ability to tailor communication style to various executive stakeholder sets, as well as effectively communicate financial concepts to non-finance stakeholders.
• Have a broad business view, high degree of curiosity and ability to view the business and solve problems with a CPO/CTO/CFO mindset.
• Display initiative in anticipating and meeting or exceeding the business demands of senior-level executives. Thrive in a fast-paced environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. Candidates must be willing to ''roll up their sleeves'' and be motivated, disciplined, flexible and able to work effectively autonomously.
• Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation a plus.
• Must have proficiency working with systems and automated reporting tools (i.e., Essbase, Anaplan, Workday financials, Tableau, etc.).