Administrative Assistant, Data Science & Engineering
Los Gatos, CA
The Opportunity: Director, Detection and Response
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 208 million paid memberships in over 190 countries.
The Netflix Detection and Response team is responsible for preparing, detecting, and guiding Netflix through security incidents threatening our core mission. Our detection team develops and maintains high-fidelity detections and automated workflows to identify and respond to attackers quickly. Our incident response team leads our coordinated effort on a wide range of security incidents. Unique to our approach, we build and maintain tools that help us scale our response.
We're looking for a Director of Detection and Response to lead this organization. You will be responsible for the performance and growth of this organization to protect the Netflix of today and prepare for tomorrow. You will set the strategy for how this organization serves our business. You will lead our teams with kindness and compassion while holding a high standard of ethical responsibility. And you will be a champion and mentor for people in your organization to meet their personal goals and help our organization grow with demand.
• Lead the Detection and Response organization with their mission to detect malicious events against Netflix and to manage Netflix's response to protect our customers and business
• Mentor and grow our world-class team of leaders and engineers
• Build and maintain close, constructive relationships with teams throughout Netflix
• An empathetic leader who cultivates a culture of psychological safety and inclusivity where team members can do their best work
• A pragmatic security leader who believes in risk-focused, scalable security approaches
• Excellent ability to communicate in writing and verbally
• Demonstrated experience building robust, collaborative relationships across a broad business
• Experience hiring, coaching, and cultivating a fantastic team
• Experience leading an incident response, security operations, or detection engineering teams
• Experience growing teams to meet ever-increasing business needs through forward-looking vision and socialization of mission
This position and the majority of our team are located in Los Angeles and Los Gatos, CA. If you are US-based but not interested in relocating near Los Angeles or Los Gatos, you should have experience leading remote teams and be willing to frequently travel to California.
Our team encourages sharing of our work where it helps the broader security community. You can learn more about our work and projects by reading our blog posts, such as those on Diffy or Dispatch. And some of our conference and community talks here, here, and here.
Netflix's culture is unique and challenges us to work in different ways, especially in security. We encourage you to learn about company culture and consider how it would change the way your team works. If this sounds exciting to you, we encourage you to apply today so that we can learn more about each other.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyke6m-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.