The Content Strategy, Planning & Analysis team is looking for a Director for the Programming and Launch Analytics team. This individual will lead a team that develops tools and strategies to monitor and advise on Content Investment and Programming Strategy based on both internal and competitive insights. Working across the Content Strategy organization and in close partnership with our Data and Engineering teams, this person will drive our company-wide slating and scheduling efforts to determine the ideal content schedule for our Netflix subscribers. Senior leadership depends heavily on this team to accurately model and forecast the business as well as to lead the strategic analysis that is used to inform important business decisions, and the primary stakeholders will be the most senior content executives here at Netflix.
This role will reside in Netflix's Los Angeles office.
A sample of work could include:
• Leading development of analytical frameworks around content programming, especially as it pertains to combining our internal data with third party data.
• Driving company-wide scheduling and slating conversations, adjusting slating decisions based on internal frameworks and metrics as well as conversations with our creative executives.
• Working cross-functionally with our Data Engineering & Infrastructure and Science & Algorithms teams to assist in advanced analytics and optimization of tools and processes.
• Developing a deep understanding of industry trends and competitive strategies to inform content investment decisions.
• Creating insightful presentations that summarize analyses and present them to senior business leaders.
• Developing individual contributors and people leaders on the team: establishing priorities, setting objectives, and providing guidance and feedback.
• 15+ years of experience in programming and or scheduling strategy at another studio, network, or streamer.
• Expertise in the media industry (having worked in a studio, production company, agency, distributor) is a plus though not required.
• Strong communication/presentation skills with a track record of presenting complex analyses to C-suite executives/senior management clearly and concisely.
• Track record of building, developing and leading high functioning teams.
• Superb financial modeling skills and extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
• The successful candidate must display, through attitude and accomplishments, strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of senior-level executives. He or she must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results, and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, and be able to work equally effectively autonomously and collaboratively.
• Exceptional proficiency with MS Excel & PowerPoint; knowledge of SQL, Python and other programming languages are a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation. MBA preferred but not required.
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check on you prior to starting with us.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnxy55-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.