Netflix launched in Germany in 2015 and opened its Berlin office in 2019. Today, the office counts ~50 employees. The Content Strategy & Analysis team is looking for a Director to lead the strategic efforts behind our German content initiative (TV, Film, Unscripted, Stand-Up) and helps drive growth in Germany, a key market in EMEA. The Content Strategy & Analysis team is primarily responsible for programming strategy and analytics, deal valuation, competitive analysis and user behavioral analysis. In doing so, they partner closely with a wide array of cross-functional partners, most notably the Business Affairs, Content, Financial Planning, Product, Studio and Public Policy teams.
This person will have a high degree of visibility with senior management within the organization. Senior leadership depends heavily on the Content Strategy & Analysis group to accurately model and forecast the business as well as lead the strategic analysis that is used to inform important business decisions.
This role will reside in Netflix's Berlin office.
• Steer local-language programming strategy for Germany
• Lead deal analysis and valuation of new projects (i.e., greenlight models) in partnership with the Creative, Business Affairs and Content Acquisition teams
• Conduct ongoing analysis of key business drivers, trends and performance indicators
• Develop deep understanding of industry trends as well as competitive threats and opportunities
• Regularly present analyses and reports on relevant operating and financial metrics in an easy-to-understand format to senior business leaders
• Develop and manage managers(s) and/or associate(s) on the team: establish priorities, set objectives, and provide guidance and feedback
• 12-15 years of experience in finance, strategy, and/or consulting roles. Experience in the entertainment / media / tech industry required. For candidates with MBAs, typically we would look at candidates with 7+ years post-MBA experience
• Deep understanding of the German entertainment landscape
• Strong communication/presentation skills with track record of presenting complex analyses to executives/senior management clearly and concisely
• Superb financial modeling skills and extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
• The successful candidate must display, through attitude and accomplishments, strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of senior-level business managers. He or she must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results, and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. The ideal candidate would be prepared to regularly ''roll up their sleeves'' to perform more routine tasks on the same day that they are asked to prepare analysis and a presentation to the executives of the company.
• Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, and be able to work effectively autonomously.
• Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation. MBA a plus but not required.
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check on you prior to starting with us.