Content Financial Planning & Analysis Associate
Director, Content Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) - APAC
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause, and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
The Content Strategy, Planning & Analysis group is looking for a Director to oversee Content Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) for the Asia Pacific Region (APAC), inclusive of Japan, Korea, India, Southeast Asia, and Australia. This role will be a critical and integrated business partner to the APAC content development and acquisition team and be responsible for financial planning and analytics for the company's rapidly expanding programming initiatives.
• Work with senior leadership within the content organization to translate strategic initiatives into multi-year roadmap with complete cost and capital requirements.
• Support near-term and long-term P&L and Cash forecasts across a broad range of content categories including Original Local Language Productions, Films, and Series for/from APAC markets.
• Prepare guidance and financial update materials for Content leads and Corporate FP&A team to identify potential shortfalls or surpluses.
• Provide recommendations to content partners on how to adjust spending to track towards investment and programming goals across content categories and geographies.
• Maintain schedule of estimated future contractual commitments for accurate disclosure in financial statements and proper capital planning.
• Partner with finance team to review and modify accounting policies related to amortization and allocation of content rights.
• Manage a dispersed team across multiple regions and timezones.
• Prepare dynamic scenario analysis to facilitate discussion when faced with economic trade-offs.
• Forecast programming flow and analytics to plan for long-term programming health across markets.
• Develop KPIs, metrics, and dashboards to understand current and future programming mix.
• Improve workflows to scale with the growth in original productions and commissions.
• Candidates are required to be highly analytical and be strong, effective communicators.
• Prior experience in financial planning & analysis in the entertainment industry,corporate finance, investment banking, or public accounting is preferred. Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of superior financial and strategic analysis and delivering actionable recommendations based on this analysis.
• The successful candidate must display initiative in anticipating and exceeding the business demands of senior-level executives. He/She must thrive in a fast-paced environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, flexible, and be able to work effectively autonomously.
• Prior experience in Media / Entertainment Financial Planning & Analysis preferred.
• Experience leading and building teams.
• Extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analysis.
• Must have proficiency working with systems and automated reporting tools (i.e., Hyperion, SAP, Workday financials, etc.). Financial systems development experience a plus.
• Superior proficiency with Excel; complex financial modeling.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• 4-year degree in relevant field with strong academic performance, MBA preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of Asian markets and languages a plus.
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 195 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages.