The Animated Series team at Netflix is responsible for the creation and development of some of the best animated shows in the world. The Business Partnerships and Acquisitions team within the Animated Series team has three core areas of focus: building creative relationships with animation studios, IP holders and distributors. The key to our ongoing success is our great relationships with our animation studio partners.
The Business Partnerships and Acquisitions team is looking for a Director of Animation Series Studio Partnerships. Based in our Los Angeles office, this person will be tasked with the critical role of developing and nurturing relationships with top level business and creative executives at partner animation studios from around the world. This is an opportunity to develop and execute a studio relationship strategy to ensure that Netflix is constructively collaborating with the best animation studios to produce the highest quality animated series across kids, adult and genre animation. The ideal candidate will have a high global IQ and embody the Netflix values of Judgment, Communication, Impact, Curiosity and Innovation
• Work with internal stakeholders at Netflix Animation Studios and Animated Series to create a strategic framework for partnering with animation studios from around the world.
• Act as a business development lead to ensure that our studio partners understand our creative strategies and work with them to help execute against our overall studio creative vision.
• Develop a deep understanding of our animation studio partners' creative capabilities, needs and challenges and how we can work together in a mutually beneficial fashion.
• In partnership with production management and BALA teams, negotiate and manage high level deals.
• Act as a bridge between animation studios and the various creative and production stakeholders within Netflix.
• Build and foster relationships with top animation studio executives.
Skills for Success
• A broad, in-depth, working hand knowledge of the animation industry and production process.
• Existing, high level relationships with a variety of animation studios from around the globe.
• Strong social skills and business acumen to manage and guide both our internal and external stakeholders.
• Business development skill set and an ability to negotiate high level deals.
• Strong curiosity and a consultative approach to understanding and translating the needs of talent into training initiatives & programming
• Willingness to travel and an appreciation of the cultural and business nuances that exist across different countries and communities.
• Highly collaborative with the ability to build trusted relationships and influence at all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated experience working with animation studios at a senior level, with 10+ years of experience
• BA/BS required, MBA preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r119je-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.