Studio Product Rollout, Animation Specialist
Los Angeles, CA
As the world's leading online entertainment company, we are bringing original stories to nearly 200 million members in 190+ countries around the world.
In this role, you will lead a team of talented engineers that build the technologies for an animated content production pipeline. This is a greenfield opportunity to rethink and redesign the animation production process, by examining and reinventing the relationship between artists and productions, the tools they use, and the content they create.
You will work closely with a cross-functional team of engineers, product management, and business stakeholders to define Netflix Animation's pipeline. This role is positioned between operational needs of the ongoing business and forward looking strategic investments in areas of asset management, artist tools and environment and animation workflow processes. The tools and technology your team produces will be used to build a unique animation production studio at the scale and breadth of our global content ambition.
• Provide guidance and mentorship to managers and individual contributors on the team.
• Develop strong relationships with product teams, engineering, and business partners, and improve how we leverage data to grow Netflix.
• Expand your team by attracting diverse talent that can push our technical boundaries.
• Foster an inclusive environment, where all points of view are welcomed and encouraged.
• Be a thoughtful leader, and drive both technical and business priorities and roadmaps.
• Many years of experience leading engineering teams that design and build systems which support the animation workflow process.
• Experience hiring and mentoring high-caliber engineers that have diverse technical strengths and backgrounds across animation pipelines, computer graphics and scalable distributed systems.
• High-energy self-starter with a passion for computer graphics workflow. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong business acumen, and interest in contributing to roadmaps and strategy discussions.
• Exceptional communication skills, and can translate technical concepts into easy-to-understand language for business partners.
• Expertise in the ecosystem of tools, techniques and production workflow requirements across the animation or VFX industries.
• Experience working in a production environment delivering technology for best in class visual effects, animation or a similar graphics field.
A few more things to know:
Netflix offers amazing co-workers, new technology, fascinating analytical and technical challenges, and a Freedom & Responsibility Culture that's truly outstanding. It's worth learning more: http://jobs.netflix.com/culture