Design Program Manager
Los Gatos, CA
The big picture:
The Developer Experiences team, a key member of the Productivity Engineering organization, builds end-to-end experiences that help teams reduce and avoid the complexity and maintenance costs of cherry-picked solutions. Our developer tools and ecosystems should work together by default, and this team makes that happen.
Our development environment is complex, as are the infrastructure and tools that the team builds and operates. We are looking for an experienced, dynamic engineering manager that is comfortable with ambiguity, but is also great at resolving ambiguity. We need someone that will help us realize the big opportunities we have in our productivity domain. Our team's success is dependent on the success of our customers. As such, we work very closely with our partner teams, so it is essential that the manager is skilled at building strong relationships and fostering effective cross-team collaborations. We aren't looking for someone that wants to write code, but we expect you can quickly adopt new technologies.
Who you are:
• You have a passion for building and motivating teams to reach their potential
• You believe in collaboration and continuous improvement
• You lean heavily on iteration and believe failure is a part of learning
• You are comfortable with APIs and their associated challenges
• You have experience with distributed architectures
• You have a keen attention to detail and are skilled in project management
• You believe in context over control
• You are compelled by Netflix culture
What you'll do:
• Create and promote a great work environment and positive team culture
• Build an exceptional team by recruiting, evaluating, and hiring stunning colleagues
• Partner with the members of your team and product management to create and execute on a team vision
• Listen to your customer base to identify their needs and advocate for their success through the products you build
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 195 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.