Design Program Manager
Los Gatos, CA
Netflix is the world's leading streaming video service and our growth is accelerating. Our streaming engineering teams are focused on creating joyful entertainment experiences for over 180 million subscribers worldwide, while our Studio teams are revolutionizing the way a modern studio operates to enable the production of amazing content. In support of this rapid growth, our Developer Education team is on a mission to help all Netflix engineers, scientists, and solution developers be as productive as possible.
The Developer Education team has been working hard to provide educational programs, tooling, and support that maximizes the productivity of our technical teams. We're ready to take their efforts to the next level and are looking for a skilled leader to drive our technical education strategy and operations. We believe the right leader will have a strong understanding of software engineering design principles, the ability to lead cross-organizational initiatives, and a deep passion for technical education. If this sounds familiar and you're looking for a dynamic opportunity that will be a force multiplier across Netflix, we'd love to talk to you!
What you will do:
• Drive vision, strategy, & operations of our technical learning efforts across Netflix
• Build and lead a team of talented program managers, content creators, and facilitators
• Develop strong partnerships across our engineering, product, and talent teams, creating continuous feedback cycles that ensure we're solving the most impactful problems
• Design, develop, and deliver impactful learning experiences in collaboration with Subject Matter Experts
• Ensure we are investing in the most impactful learning techniques and applying the right balance of self-service and facilitated approaches to support our scale
• Measure the outcomes and impact of our learning initiatives, leveraging quantitative and qualitative metrics to inform our direction and planning
• Foster a culture of learning that promotes inclusion and diversity in our teams, interactions, and learning models
• Participate in external technical learning communities to stay abreast and best practices to help keep our technical education teams informed
• Effectively balance the satisfaction of both education consumers and providers
• Other new and impactful activities that we haven't thought of yet
What we are looking for:
• Deep understanding of the education space for engineers, including learning styles and approaches for technical users
• Good understanding of modern technology application architectures, SDLC, technical infrastructure, and developer tooling
• Ability to paint and evolve a long-term vision, while executing a near-term plan
• Team first leadership that teaches by engaging in content, training, and partnerships
• Product-driven, customer-focused mindset
• Experience in blended instructional design
• Experience managing technical learning teams
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
A few more things about us:
As a team, we come from many different countries and our fields of education range from the humanities to engineering to physics. Our team includes program managers, designers, and developers, and folks have the opportunity to wear different hats, should they choose to. We strongly believe this diversity has helped us build an inclusive and empathetic environment, and are looking forward to adding your perspective to the mix!
Our culture is unique, and we tend to live by our values, so it's worth learning more about Netflix here.
Want to know more about our Platform Engineering teams? Check out:
• Full Cycle Developers at Netflix
• How We Build Code at Netflix
• Video: A Day in the Life of a Netflix Engineer