Senior Engineering Manager, Model Development Infrastructure, Machine Learning Platform
Los Gatos, CA
Location: Hybrid (California remote with required travel)
Team: Content & Business Products / XD
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 230 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. As our slate of original productions and licensed content continues to grow, we must scale the technology solutions we use to manage content and operational data to meet the changing needs of the business.
The Content & Business Products team builds a suite of tools to scale the operations behind taking a Netflix show from concept to streaming. We are looking for an experienced design leader to manage the teams responsible for the critical applications that help us create and deliver entertainment to the world.
In this role, you'll collaborate closely with several cross-functional leaders while managing a talented and diverse remote design team. You'll help your teams design and build applications that help Netflix localize our content, scale our marketing capabilities, ensure flawless global delivery of our titles to members, and much more. These critical B2B applications are used by both internal and external users, so experience with (and passion for) working on enterprise applications is essential.
This role can be based in our Los Angeles or Los Gatos offices. There is also the option to be based remotely from the West Coast/PST working hours. Expect to travel monthly to meet with your teams, stakeholders, and partners.
• Collaborate closely with your Product, Engineering, Data Science, and Operations leadership partners to plan and execute our product roadmaps.
• Develop and nurture relationships with our global stakeholders, learn the nuances of their workflows, and ensure your team is designing and shipping impactful and cohesive product experiences that meet our stakeholders' needs.
• Balance being a passionate advocate for our users while pushing your teams towards efficient operational excellence.
• Manage and coach your design leadership team by helping them navigate the complexity and ambiguity of our business areas.
• Keep your teams inspired and engaged by providing clear direction that looks towards the future while creating actionable steps that are impactful today.
SKILLS, CHARACTERISTICS, AND QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years of experience successfully leading and scaling high-performance design teams, including ICs and people managers.
• Demonstrated passion for B2B2C / Enterprise related user problems and a successful track record of shipping impactful products at a global scale.
• Experience collaborating closely with cross-functional stakeholders, helping drive alignment between design and your cross-functional partners, and building strong relationships across business areas.
• Comfortable working with ambiguity - able to bring rigorous design thinking and operational structure to complex and evolving problem spaces.
• Exceptional communication skills, in writing and verbally, whether in small group discussions, large-scale presentations, or with executives.
• Ability to inspire, lead, and engage your design teams, leaning in and giving them critical business context, feedback, and direction.
• Bring a balanced perspective and thoughtful decision-making to strategic discussions, advocating for both user-centricity and the needs of the business with your teams and your peers.
• Experience working in the entertainment industry and a deep understanding of existing creative production and marketing technology workflows.
• Passion for storytelling and filmmaking.
• Courage when asked to join team karaoke 🎤😜
Our compensation structure consists solely of an annual salary; we do not have bonuses. You choose each year how much of your compensation you want in salary versus stock options. To determine your personal top-of-market compensation, we rely on market indicators and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to determine your compensation in the market range. The range for this role is $290,000 - $1,900,000.
Netflix provides comprehensive benefits including Health Plans, Mental Health support, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match, Stock Option Program, Disability Programs, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, Family-forming benefits, and Life and Serious Injury Benefits. We also offer paid leave of absence programs. Full-time hourly employees accrue 35 days annually for paid time off to be used for vacation, holidays, and sick paid time off. Full-time salaried employees are immediately entitled to flexible time off.
See more detail about our Benefits here. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds more substantial teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g444oq-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.