Over 200 million members worldwide love Netflix. When they sit down to watch, we want to make sure that nothing gets between them and their favorite shows and movies. We are looking for an experienced data science leader to inspire, drive, and measure innovation in the customer help experience, either on their own or when contacting Netflix customer service.
Our end goal is ensure members have as little interruption to their streaming experience as possible when something goes wrong, and to minimize the number of times that anything goes wrong.
What you'll do
In this role, you will lead a small but mighty team of Data Scientists that cover multiple areas, ranging from experimentation to algorithm development for personalization. You'll also interface with a diverse set of stakeholders from the engineering teams that build the help center and chat interface to the teams that manage call center operations.
While you'll have the full resources of Netflix's mature experimentation and data infrastructure at your disposal, you'll be working in an area that is relatively new to experimentation and algorithm development, meaning the team has abundant opportunities for significant impact. Additionally you'll be working with a mature and sophisticated Customer Service team that prioritizes quality of service and customer experience, creating a positive experience for members, and challenging the team to innovate.
We're looking for
• Experience hiring and leading high-caliber, data-focused teams with diverse technical strengths
• Experience building and fostering an inclusive team culture
• Experience partnering with engineering or technical product teams to define project roadmaps
• Experience partnering with operational and business teams to increase operational efficiency as well as quality of operations
• Demonstrated strength applying statistics and experimentation to business areas
• Autonomously finding opportunities and executing on science and analytics challenges for maximum business impact
• Customer service experience is a plus
• Experience working on consumer products is also beneficial
• Experience working with global teams is also beneficial
Netflix's culture is an integral part of what makes us successful, and we approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that bringing together different perspectives and backgrounds helps build stronger teams. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqo94z-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.