Netflix is revolutionizing entertainment itself and pushing the limits of what it means to be a subscription business. From the Netflix Second Quarter 2021 Letter to Shareholders: ''In Q2, revenue increased 19% year over year to $7.3 billion, while operating income rose 36% year over year to $1.8 billion. We finished the quarter with over 209m paid memberships, slightly ahead of our forecast ''.
With more than $25+ billion in revenues at Netflix, the Finance Data Engineering team (part of the larger Data Science and Engineering organization) plays a crucial role in supporting our business and finance teams to report numbers accurately while empowering them with analytical insights. This data is mission-critical. The team needs a Data Engineering Manager to help uplevel and reimagine the financial data flows across various Netflix systems (ranging from upstream Revenue and Growth engineering and Finance technology teams to the impact of many experiments running continuously). You will be leading a team of incredibly talented data engineers. In addition, you will be partnering with many internal teams to help streamline our end-to-end systemxs for accuracy, efficiency, and analytical insights.
To be successful in this role, you need a solid technical foundation, a passion for complex business data wrangling, and the ability to lead a team of experienced engineers. You also need to be great at giving and receiving feedback, fostering new ideas, and empowering others.
• Recruiting: You are constantly looking for talent and have a knack for attracting top-tier engineers to your team. You also champion and value diversity on your teams.
• Team Development: You see people's strengths/weaknesses and are both gifted and courageous in talking with them about it. You love giving your teams a sense of identity.
• Vision: You intuitively understand business and technology, and you demonstrate that knowledge to guide a team by providing meaningful context and inspiration.
• Partnership: You establish strong relationships with both business and technical leaders across the company and have proven expertise in building and sustaining trust with partners.
Who are you:
• You derive energy from working with people - whether that involves 1:1s, partner sync ups, or chats with candidates. You are excited to learn more about folks and to work with them.
• You love business complexity and building systems that simplify making sense of the numbers in a complex, ever-changing product landscape.
• You care deeply about compliance (e.g., SOX) and privacy. You are an advocate for raising the bar proactively and can convince teams about the criticality of these areas for Netflix.
• You have preferably worked with Financial Accounting teams and understand their terminology and processes. You can bridge the gap between engineering, data science, and business teams.
• You love to shape systems for the future. You can help us reimagine the Financial data flows in terms of inflows (the billions of dollars in revenue) and outflows (e.g., revshare, people costs, etc.)
• You LOVE data of all sorts: big and small! You show thought leadership and partner effectively with our business and engineering teams to develop better metrics and more elegant insights.
• You are passionate about engineering excellence, automation, self-service tooling, and building reusable components for multiple use cases and teams.
• You have an eye for detail and realize where accuracy is critical. You like to spark joy in internal partners with high-quality data products that have great documentation and are easy to understand.
• You have a good understanding of distributed data technologies (Spark/Hadoop), programming languages (e.g., Scala/Python), and enabling analytical tooling (data pipelining and modeling)
• You relate to and embody many of the aspects of the Netflix Culture. You love working independently while also collaborating and giving/receiving candid feedback.
Learn more about the team, technologies, and the immediate team members! If you'd like us to make changes to the interview process to improve the odds of your sailing through it with flying colors, please share your thoughts with us - we promise to do whatever is feasible to accommodate.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqm339-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.