Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 204 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. The Client and UI engineering team drives innovation for Netflix members, non-members, and studio productions.
In the role of Cross-Client Technical Program Manager you will: 1) drive our largest cross functional projects across Netflix product experimentation and 2) leverage the insights and experience from this work to influence the improvement of underlying technologies and architecture.
You will serve as project lead for new experiences that reach Netflix users on all clients (iOS, Android, Web, and TV). As TPM you will partner with Product Management to propose and manage technical solutions for product experimentation. Responsibilities include:
- applying strong technical, organizational and communication skills to devise sound technical approaches to abstract goals
- identifying the systems involved to build new solutions, align roadmaps, and weighing relative priorities
- establishing an overall plan for numerous teams to rally around and successfully launch new experiences for Netflix customers
- identifying and mitigating technical risks
In addition to leading our largest projects, you'll leverage your experience with various systems to improve engineering execution. In this role, you'll translate user experience innovation needs into system architecture improvements by providing a cross-functional perspective to various engineering teams. When warranted, you'll propose new technical solutions based on your experience launching our largest innovation projects.
• 10+ years of Software, Systems Design, and Architecture experience
• Experience in UI Engineering or working on SW projects with consumer-facing UI components
• Ability to identify gaps in solutions, debate technical approaches, see various perspectives.
• Able to provide insights into product vs technology tradeoffs
• Great at adapting solutions to meet short and longer-term needs
• Can devise and apply various approaches to the execution of complex initiatives
• Coordination across many independent tracks of work, organization
• Excels at leading large-scale SW projects
• Risk identification and Mitigation
• Can balance strategic and tactical efforts to make tough calls and broadly communicate the decision framework
• Detail-oriented, can identify what's missing in planning and execution of software development, test, and launch
• Lead cross-functional teams to build features and experiences through influence versus control
• Able to inspire others to collaborate and see your vision
• Bias towards action
• A great listener
Communication (written and verbal)
• Can compose technical specifications and/or wireframes to propose ideas and solutions
• As comfortable speaking technically as speaking non-technically and able to bridge between the two
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxnezz-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.