Netflix is building the world's leading entertainment platform, offering great films and series that push the boundaries of storytelling and delight members of all ages and tastes across the world. Our team, Creative Writing Strategy, shapes the words that guide members to the content that is right for them.
We are seeking a seasoned bilingual writer/editor (Brazilian Portuguese/English) to join our team. The ideal candidate is a skilled writer who is an expert on media and entertainment in the Brazilian market - we are particularly interested in writers who have proven proficiency in writing and editing world-class creative content in Portuguese and English, and the ability to drive cross-functional projects and in scaling writing work with external resources.
You'll be expected to write clear, engaging, accurate copy in English and Portuguese. You'll write copy with a special focus on content in Portuguese, and you'll work with a talented team of entertainment writers, editors, and colleagues across the globe to build context around titles and help connect users to the content they love.
You'll apply your writing expertise and passion for Brazilian film and television to cross-functional innovation projects, collaborating with other writing, analysis, localization, design and product teams. Since we are part of a distributed team, you'll use Slack, Google Workspace, email and other digital tools to communicate about assignments, projects and publishing deadlines.
You'll ensure that external resources (vendors) have access to relevant information and provide editorial guidance for high-priority titles. You'll also collaborate closely with other stakeholders to gather insight on Netflix original language content and support the writing efforts to bring this content to a global audience.
What Will Help You Succeed
• Deep content and cultural knowledge about Brazilian media, including current trends in entertainment. Simply put, you're a superfan who's excited to write about film and TV from the region - and help Netflix members around the globe get excited about it, too.
• Experience and comfort collaborating with multifaceted digital production teams.
• A love of language. Even though you're an expert with deep knowledge, you'll always write with an empathetic understanding of a broader audience in mind. You must be comfortable with rigorous editing, tight deadlines and workshopping copy with a team of writers and editors.
• Flexibility and versatility as a writer. Whether the assignment at hand is a highbrow film, a blockbuster rom-com or an animated educational series for kids, you understand that different types of content should have copy tailored to their respective tones.
• A commitment to our team's core values, like candid feedback, passion and curiosity.
• Experience with creating at scale and working with outsourcing models.
• Innovative thinking. We're looking for someone who's constantly looking for ways to improve the member experience through experimentation and testing.
• 10+ years experience in writing and editing in creative spaces, such as consumer-focused copywriting, social marketing, short-form digital, scriptwriting or entertainment journalism.
• Native fluency in Brazilian Portuguese and full professional fluency in English
• Strong business acumen and proven stakeholder management skills
• A nuanced perspective on Brazilian Portuguese-language media
• Independent and self-motivated working style
• Mastery of AP style
• Excellent organizational skills
• Outstanding communication skills
• Fluency in a third language is a plus
• Recently published examples of film/television criticism or culture writing
• Experience working with global brands
• Experience with AB testing
Please note that candidates will be asked to complete a brief (and fun) writing exercise as a part of the application process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5wqp1-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.