Counsel, Original Animation, Business & Legal Affairs
Los Angeles, CA
Netflix seeks an intellectually curious attorney to join the business & legal affairs team for Netflix's Original Animation - Global Preschool team, with a focus on the development and production of animated programs for our youngest viewers who will learn and discover the world on Netflix.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for
• Drafting and negotiating above-the-line agreements and other related development agreements for self-managed productions;
• Provide BALA support with other execs on the team for partner managed productions and licensed deals under the Global Preschool slate;
• Collaborate with internal business partners (e.g., creative and production), cross-functional partners (e.g., intellectual property, employment, labor, tax, marketing and consumer products), and other key partners (e.g., finance, contract administration, legal operations) on miscellaneous day-to-day issues that arise across the various shows.
• Help create and manage team workflows and information sharing systems (e.g., updating internal document management systems, follow-up with talent representatives and production on the status of unsigned documents,etc.)
• Work on special strategic projects to support the Global Preschool team.
The candidate must be comfortable challenging norms and finding ways to create efficiencies for this high volume team in order to remain nimble, accomplish Netflix's objectives and execute the kids and family content acquisition strategies.
The ideal candidate must be very comfortable counseling and collaborating with internal and external business partners, attorneys, producers, and production partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impact. Excellent drafting skills are a must. The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast‐paced, entrepreneurial organization and thrive in communicating in a global environment.
Requirements: The successful candidate will have at least 7+ years of experience in a legal and/or business affairs department in television and/or film production. Animation background preferred.