At Netflix, we are shaping the future of entertainment with one simple goal, to bring people joy. Our international efforts have brought Netflix's service and award-winning original programming to viewers in over 190 countries. We believe in telling global stories, many of which come from India. We are in search of a lawyer who can handle a wide range of content related grievances in India for the content streaming on our service.
In this position, working from Mumbai, you will be reporting to the Director-Intellectual Property, Litigation & Content Grievances (India). This role will closely collaborate with several internal teams such as Intellectual Property and Litigation to help our Content team tell great stories.
As Content Grievances Counsel, your legal expertise and Media & Entertainment industry experience enables you to work across any situation that may be encountered related to handling content related grievances and representing Netflix in legal or regulatory forums in India. You are unfazed by last minute surprises that may arise as you strategize legal defences in the best interest of Netflix. You understand the dynamics of content creation and building a legal defence and know when and how to align the appropriate teams when complicated content grievance issues arise. You are comfortable evaluating risk with imperfect information and have the confidence to make quick decisions. You have an expert eye for detail. You are an ace at handling data trackers and are passionate about the media and entertainment industry and are excited to learn more about the business from a non-traditional perspective. Above all, you have an opinion and are willing to voice it.
The successful candidate will love working in an environment where curiosity, courage, passion, transparency, freedom and responsibility are mandates. That candidate will also thrive in a workplace that values thoughtful efficiency more than process, and innovation more than convention.
Some occasional travel may be required.
• 8+ years of working experience as an in-house lawyer in the Indian media and entertainment industry or as a counsel in a law firm specializing in the area of media and entertainment.
• Meticulous understanding of Media & Entertainment laws, Intellectual Property laws, Civil and Criminal laws, Information Technology laws and Constitutional law.
• Strong experience of handling pre-litigation and litigation work related to content creation, production and distribution in India.
• Good knowledge of filmed entertainment.
• Experience managing a heavy workflow independently.
• Outstanding communication skills and excels at creative and innovative thinking.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple mandates under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment interacting & collaborating with cross-functional internal and external stakeholders.
• Highly collaborative and responds positively to pressure, change and new ideas.
• Curious and eager to tackle matters outside the areas of expertise.
• Sense of humor.
• Manage workflow for content related grievances.
• Collaborate with several internal stakeholders and rapidly respond to all content grievances received.
• Manage and collaborate with external legal counsels as and when required.
• Handle interactions with any legal, regulatory and quasi-judicial authorities relating to content grievances.
• Manage and maintain content grievance databases and trackers.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roo476-34-228-52-223-42 in your application.