With over 100 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it is an exciting time to work at Netflix. Our efforts have brought Netflix to virtually all countries around the globe and we are excited to bring even more of our Originals programming to our viewers everywhere.
Netflix seeks an intellectually curious attorney with excellent deal making and drafting skills to join Netflix's Original Independent Film division, the group responsible for films like To All The Boys I've Loved Before, Roma, Enola Holmes, Outside The Wire and The Kissing Booth. The candidate will be a key member of the business & legal affairs team, primarily responsible for structuring, drafting and negotiating licensing, acquisitions, development and production agreements for film. The candidate must be comfortable challenging norms and finding ways to create efficiencies for this high volume team. The candidate must have a solid understanding of independent film finance structures. The candidate will also be responsible for overseeing matters and effectively solving problems that arise throughout the life cycle of a project. The ideal candidate must be very comfortable counseling and collaborating with internal creatives, cross functional team members, external business partners and production counsel making decisions that have both legal and business impact. The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast‐paced, entrepreneurial organization and thrive in communicating in a global environment.
The successful candidate will have at least 7+ years of relevant business and legal affairs experience in film working for an independent film production company, studio or law firm.
In addition, the candidate will possess the following:
• Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside their area of expertise
• Strong communication skills (candor, honesty)
• Strong analytical (strategic and creative) capabilities and judgment
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast‐paced environment
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross‐functionally, think pragmatically and be solution‐oriented
• Adaptable negotiation style
• Passion for indie film and Netflix's film strategy
• Commitment to embrace and advocate for inclusion
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1o62y-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.