Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 240 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen.
Netflix is looking for a business and legal affairs executive to join its London based UK Non-Fiction Series and Comedy Specials Business & Legal Affairs team. This team is responsible for the development, acquisition and/or commissioning of Netflix's non-fiction series (e.g. F1: Drive to Survive, At Home with the Fury's, Too Hot to Handle, Beckham, Robbie Williams, Who Killed Jill Dando?, Squid Game: The Challenge, Ricky Gervais: Supernature). The successful candidate will be an integral part of the team, working closely with and assisting 3 non-fiction lawyers on a wide range of non-fiction programmes, whilst being part of a wider UK Business & Legal Affairs team including those specialising in scripted series and film.
RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to):
• Working alongside other team members on a wide range of business and legal affairs matters during the life cycle of a non-fiction project
• Overseeing production legal and clearance issues on a variety of third party productions
• Reviewing talent agreements including presenter, contributor, producer, director and/or voice over agreements
• Reviewing underlying rights and access agreements
• Working with production teams to ensure legal paperwork is in compliance with Netflix requirements and to assist in any production related queries that arise
• Drafting and negotiating development and commissioning agreements
• Assisting with the review, creation and/or maintenance of forms/precedents
• Working alongside and directly communicating with third party production companies
• Regularly liaising with a wide range of cross functional teams to ensure alignment and efficient information flow
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
• 3-5 years of relevant unscripted and/or documentary experience in a television production company or broadcaster or media law firm and ideally English law qualified
• Working knowledge of the UK television production landscape and industry norms
• Experience drafting and/or negotiating contracts including some or all of the following: development, commissioning, licensing, access, talent and other production agreements/forms
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented
• Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise
• Commitment to embrace and advocate for inclusion.
The Netflix culture attracts individuals who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, passion and curiosity. The Netflix culture is the foundation of how we work.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv20jw-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.