Corporate Tax Manager (Canada)
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service, with more than 208 million paid memberships in over 190 countries across the globe. Members can watch as much groundbreaking content as they want -- anytime, anywhere -- on any internet-connected device, all without commercial interruptions or contractual commitments!
As Netflix expands globally, we look for the best and brightest talent to play a key role in our growth. That's where you come in!
We are seeking a seasoned Corporate Tax Manager to anchor the tax function in our Toronto office. You will report to the Director of Tax, Americas in Los Gatos, California, and will be responsible for all aspects of tax compliance, provision and reporting related to our Canadian activities.
You are a curious, self-starter who can collaborate effectively with cross-functional business partners with varying backgrounds and levels of experience. You have deep technical and analytical skills, are a strong communicator, and prioritize attention to detail. You have a hands-on mentality, and are eager to roll up your sleeves and make an immediate impact. You are also excited to join a high-performance culture built around freedom and responsibility.
Your primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Managing the Canadian federal and provincial direct and indirect tax return compliance
• Managing the review and reconciliation of tax accounts
• Managing the company response to direct and indirect tax audits by partnering with internal teams and tax advisors
• Partnering with business leaders, finance, legal and external advisors on various business matters
• Supporting the Director of Tax, Americas with direct and indirect tax planning and collaborate with the broader Tax and Finance Teams at Netflix
• Monitoring relevant changes in tax legislation, and assisting the Director in driving operational changes as required
• Researching complex tax issues and preparing technical documentation to support the company's tax positions
• Embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting (CPA / Masters of Tax / Law a plus)
• 7+ years of relevant tax experience in public accounting and / or industry
• Proven ability to work proactively, independently and accurately to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Strong communications skills, and ability to nurture positive relationships and rapport with other teams/departments
• Never satisfied with the status quo; always thinking of how to make existing processes more efficient and meaningful; open to new or challenging ideas presented by others
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq84wz-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.