Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 210 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or Commitments.
Netflix opened its EMEA HQ in Amsterdam in 2015. We now have over 1000 employees based in 9 offices across the region, with more scheduled for this year and beyond. Given the size, growth rate and scale of the region, we're looking to expand the regional Corporate Events Team with a role-based in Amsterdam. This position is part of a team, which focuses on producing unique and memorable experiences for our employees across the globe. The role will involve a wide range of event types from office-wide celebrations, recruiting events to executive offsites and will report directly to our Corporate Events Manager EMEA.
• Be a strategic thinker and partner to key stakeholders at all levels of the organization
• Plan and execute a variety of events for cross functional partners, in-house and offsite
• Support with the strategy, planning and executing of overall event needs
• Collaborate on office and region-wide events and help to establish the right programming throughout the year
• Organize, facilitate, and manage all event's details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, etc.
• Conduct vendor research, gather information and negotiate contracts and rates
• Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality
• Conduct pre- and post-event evaluations and report on outcomes
• Create, manage and reconcile budgets and process invoices
• Provide feedback and periodic reports to stakeholders
• Research event industry and identify opportunities for innovation and creativity
Preferred Candidate Profile:
• 5-8 years' experience in a wide range of meetings and events, including but not limited to: high profile offsites; employee engagement initiatives, Learning & Development programs, Talent Acquisition events and new online / hybrid formats that have evolved over the past year
• An excellent communicator, quickly establishing good relationships with stakeholders
• Confident and have the skills to work independently and collaborate cross-functionally
• An expert in A to Z event management and production with a good understanding of vendors, event technology and platforms; familiarity with Salesforce CRM systems is a plus
• Able to see the ''big picture'' and manage objectives in all stages of event strategy, planning, design and production
• Highly creative mindset
• Familiar with in-house production as well as outsourcing
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Familiar with local/regional vendors, especially in Amsterdam, Paris, Berlin, Madrid and Rome
• Curious about people and cultures; have a commitment to embrace and advocate for inclusion.
• Passionate about unique and unforgettable experiences
• Willing and excited to travel where needed (the role will involve frequent visits to our EMEA office locations)
• Additional language skills are a plus (especially Dutch, French, German, Spanish and Italian)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqm5km-34-231-243-21-42 in your application.