We are seeking an experienced individual to join the dynamic UK VFX Team in London as a VFX Coordinator. This position will act both independently and work closely with the VFX Manager to provide support to them and the wider team across non-fiction, series and film. They will be responsible for a variety of duties using both internal and industry-standard tools, handling vital information, communication and workflows across the lifecycle of VFX production from development through to wrap, and supporting projects with our cross-functional teams within Netflix.
A successful candidate will need significant experience, and passion, within the Film & Television VFX sector at Senior Coordinator or Line Producer / Production Manager level. This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who is self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organisation and unwavering attention to detail at all times. They will need to be solutions-oriented, a positive-thinker, able to exercise good judgment and have excellent communication skills.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Working with the VFX Manager to serve as a VFX point of contact across pre-production, production and post production.
• Work with cross-functional teams at Netflix (Creative, Production Management, Post Production, Finance, Tax, Business and Legal Affairs) to ensure productions are successfully set-up and positioned for success.
• Assist the VFX Manager in the assessment of initial VFX production and post-production plans to ensure each production has the appropriate resources to deliver visual effects of the highest quality.
• Alongside the VFX Manager assist in the tracking, managing and reporting of financial and status updates.
• Serve as a bridge between productions and internal Netflix teams to ensure both sides receive pertinent updates throughout the production lifecycle and resolve any issues in a timely manner.
• Championing, facilitating and contributing to the evolution and adoption of new tools, including Netflix proprietary apps, and determine how to incorporate these into VFX workflows and to train their teammates Facilitate the onboarding process for our external partners and crews to the Netflix ecosystem, tools and resources.
• Update and proactively maintain inward and outward-facing VFX resources and documents.
• Maintain up-to-date talent and vendor lists and seek to forge new relationships working to Netflix Grow Creative to source and nurture the next generation of talent through training and education opportunities.
• Set up and manage VFX reviews and note taking through tools such as ShotGrid, cineSync and SyncSketch.
Qualifications and Experience:
• A minimum of 3 years of experience working in VFX within a medium to high-budget studio, vendor, or VFX production team.
• The ideal candidate will have held a significant position at Senior Coordinator level or above with one or more vendors. Client-side production experience would be a plus.
• They need to be passionate about our culture and values in the workplace.
• Ability to handle a fast-paced environment, simultaneously managing several projects in various stages of production (from development through delivery).
• Strong organisational skills with a proactive mentality and a strong problem solver, excellent time-management and communication is a must.
• Familiarity with standard production and post software such as ShotGrid, PIX and cineSync.
• Knowledge of digital video and audio file formats.
• Working knowledge of VFX and Post vendors, including digital labs and DI facilities.
• Highly organised, efficient and detail-oriented.
• Comfortable with a fast pace and constant change.
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters.
• Team-player who operates in a fast-paced team-oriented setting.
• A second or additional language would be a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyx620-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.