Netflix is seeking a Production Coordinator to support the Physical Production team in Original Unscripted Series. Responsibilities include coordinating internal technologies and tools, document distribution, communication flow and supporting best practices from budgeting to pre-production, through delivery. This position will report into a Director or Manager on the Unscripted Production Management team in Hollywood, CA, while working closely with third-party production companies, freelance crews and our cross-functional teams within Netflix. Together, this team is responsible for supervising all aspects of Unscripted production.
A successful candidate will be passionate about production, self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities, with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who is a collaborative, proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and communication while working with a high volume production slate.
• Work in tandem with production management executives to onboard and support original unscripted series.
• Serve as a bridge between productions and internal Netflix teams to ensure both sides receive pertinent updates in a timely manner.
• Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the Netflix ecosystem, embrace new technologies and actively participate in brainstorming future technological innovations.
• Coordinate document distribution and production information flow, with emphasis on updating, maintaining, and championing the use of Netflix tools and both internally and externally with production companies and freelance producers.
• Research, curate, and develop relationships with external partners and crew, while continually analyzing current market rates and cost efficiencies.
• Audit completion/delivery of production materials during pre-production, production, and wrap.
• Assist the team as necessary with Production budget review and analysis.
• Any other duties as necessary to support the productions and the department.
• 5+ years experience with unscripted production management both in the field and/or on a network level for series. At a minimum, the candidates should be at the Production Manager or Line Producer level or equivalent outside of Netflix.
• Ability to handle a fast-paced environment, simultaneously supporting several projects in various phases of production (from evaluation to production through delivery).
• Familiar with the current trends and workflows for 4K unscripted series production.
• Familiarity with post-production/editorial systems and finishing processes.
• Access to a long roster of high-quality vendors and crew/creative talent worldwide.
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely, or urgent matters.
• Teamplayer who operates efficiently and with empathy in a fast-paced, team-oriented setting.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production process and gear.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask.
• Strong understanding of traditional production schedules and paperwork.
• Proficiency in Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Mail. Familiarity with Movie Magic Budgeting is beneficial but not required.
• Willingness to take educated risks and think out of the box.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmwqqm-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.