Music Creative & Production (MCP) is seeking a Coordinator to join our dynamic Music Production team focused on our Series content. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a growing, global team. The successful candidate will excel at identifying and implementing cross-functional music production solutions that will support our productions and overall slate growth across UCAN Original Series. If you are someone with a passion for both development and execution of music for content and who thrives in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment, this role may be for you.
MCP provides premiere music support to our productions and Netflix cross-functional partners by leveraging relationships and guiding the music production process including any music records, scoring and budgeting from development to launch. Our goal is to empower Netflix to entertain the world by deepening fan engagement and amplify storytelling through music.
Responsibilities & Skills
• Experience: 7-10 years of experience working in Film or Television music
• Prior experience working in music production, orchestra contracting, composing or music creative
• Collaborate with directors, producers, studio creative, physical production, post production executives, finance and other external and internal stakeholders to oversee and execute music objectives for the series
• Work with Music Creative, Content, and Finance as early as development phase on preliminary budgets, progressing throughout post production
• Continue to manage all music hard costs and budgets and update cross functional teams
• Collaborate with Music Business & Legal Affairs on music hire deals
• Coordinate on-camera performances in collaboration with Music Supervisor and Music Creative team - including pre-records, on set production and post production requirements
• Foster talent relationships by working closely with composers, songwriters and music supervisors to ensure all creative needs are met while staying on budget
• Work with Composer, Post Production and Music Editor to develop a music schedule that coincides with series post timeline and adhere to said schedule
• Manage, schedule and supervise all scoring sessions and recording sessions to ensure they are running on time and on budget
• Hire and negotiate rates for all musician and recording crew hires
• Partner with cross functional teams to manage all assets for soundtrack releases
• Liaise and communicate with internal teams such as Creative, Finance, Accounting, Physical Production, Post Production, Labor, Music Business Affairs and Legal
• Partner, liaise, and communicate with external partners such as music talent reps, line producers, music and vocal contractors, union/guild music departments and reps
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpjmb9-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.