Netflix is the fastest growing, most productive, and progressive film studio in Hollywood and, Netflix Animation Studios, as one of its major arms, is making a huge impact in the kids and family animation space. Music Creative & Production provides premiere music support to our productions and Netflix cross-functional partners by leveraging relationships and guiding the music creative, scoring, and budgeting process from development to launch. Our goal is to empower Netflix to entertain the world by deepening fan engagement and amplify storytelling through music.
The successful candidate will excel at identifying and implementing cross-functional music production solutions that will support our animation productions and overall slate growth. If you are someone with a passion for both the development and execution of music for content and who thrives in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment, this role may be for you.
• Collaborate with filmmakers and studio executives (content, physical, post, legal, finance), and other internal/external stakeholders to coordinate and execute music objectives for the animation studio as early as the development phase through to final delivery.
• Advise on preliminary budgets and help manage all music contractual and hard costs throughout production, making sure to update cross-functional teams.
• Collaborate with our labor team on union/guild (SAG-AFTRA, IATSE, AFM) music roles and administer/file the appropriate paperwork for corresponding talent.
• Work with filmmakers, studio executives, and music talent to develop a music schedule that coincides with the post-production timeline and adhere to said schedule
• Collaborate with Music Business & Legal Affairs on music talent deals.
• Coordinate and schedule music recording sessions to facilitate the creative needs of the title while remaining within budget parameters.
• Facilitate domestic and international score production
• Scheduling syncs, agenda updates, and arrangements for domestic/international travel.
• Foster talent relationships by working closely with music personnel and vendors to ensure creative/production needs are met and lines of communication remain open.
• Hire, negotiate rates, and liaise with contractors and agents on musician, singer, and engineer hires.
• Partner with cross-functional teams to manage & facilitate delivery of assets on soundtrack releases.
Skills & Qualifications:
• 3-5 years of experience working in Film or Television music
• Prior experience working in music production, music engineering/editing, orchestra contracting, composing or music supervision
• Knowledge of and passion for film and tv content and music in general
• Knowledge of the music industry, digital streaming platforms, music publishing, music licensing, record labels, PROs, and music business affairs & legal a plus
• Experience reading/disseminating music cue sheets
• Comfortability liaising and working with Legal, Labor Relations, and the Residuals team to provide historical data for back-end payments, get questions answered, etc.
• Comfortability being project and talent facing
• Highly organizational and comfortable creating and maintaining systems
• Team player with the ability to prioritize, respond, pivot quickly, think practically, positively, and be solution-oriented
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Ability to work proactively, independently, and reliably on multiple projects under tight time frames in a fast-paced production environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to multi-task
• Open to suggestions and feedback
• Exercises good judgment and initiative when making decisions
• Proficiency in Google Workspace and Project Management Tools (Slack, Asana)
• Adaptable to learning, leading, and training on Netflix proprietary software and technology
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqmx3x-54-144-55-253-42 in your application.