Netflix seeks an intellectually curious and experienced attorney to handle a wide array of responsibilities related to the acquisition, development, and production of Netflix's original documentary feature films, e.g. Knock Down The House, American Factory and Homecoming. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the original documentary film team.
The successful candidate should have at least 3 years of business and legal affairs experience in the development, production and licensing of unscripted television and/or documentary film, with direct experience in deal tracking (e.g. tracking development/option period expiration dates, theatrical rights, MPA ratings, credits), contract drafting (e.g. option exercise letters, amendments, certificates of engagements, letters of direction, etc.), contract analysis, and data entry across various programming databases. The successful candidate would also be encouraged to take on the responsibility around strategizing/developing improved workflows for the team at large, and
overseeing their adoption/implementation as the team continues to grow and the volume of work scales up. They should be extremely comfortable dealing directly with productions as well as communicating across myriad departments within the company.
A successful candidate will also possess the following:
• Paralegal certification preferred
• Excellent leadership, supervisory, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment.
• Ability to work proactively, independently, and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively, think practically and be solution-oriented.
• Willingness to tackle matters outside of expertise.