Coordinator, Labor Relations
Los Angeles, CA
Coordinator, Contract Administration, Original Studio Film
With over 200 Million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it's an exciting time to work at Netflix. Netflix is in search of an experienced contracts and payments administration coordinator to handle a wide array of responsibilities related to Netflix's original film initiative. The Original Film team is behind a range of exciting motion pictures including Extraction, directed by Sam Hargrave and starring Chris Hemsworth, and Ma Rainey's Black Bottom, directed by George C. Wolfe and starring Viola Davis and Chadwick Boseman. This is a unique opportunity to be an important part of a growing Netflix initiative, and to help Netflix shape the future of film production and distribution, much the way it is doing for television.
The Contract Administrator will have a strong emphasis on organization and a high level of attention to detail. You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be able to juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time, and be self-motivated, quick-thinking and adaptable to change. You must have the ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time-frames in a fast-paced environment. You will work closely with the Netflix Production Finance team, in addition to Labor Relations, Content Accounting, Content Acquisition, production accountants, and other cross-functional partners.
• Proactively review and evaluate the contractual financial obligations of agreements and deal memos for talent (Actors, Writers, Producers, Executive Producers, Directors, etc.) and rights
• Prepare payment authorizations and payment schedules for above-the-line talent and rights, then facilitate timely and accurate payments as they come due
• Prepare payment authorizations and payment schedules for Overall/Term Deals (including overhead, support staff, etc.) and facilitate timely and accurate payments as they come due
• Create and maintain film payment summaries, including organization and upkeep of all payment requests and back-up within a cloud-based document management system
• Liaise with productions regarding delivery of key documentation to ensure payments are made in a timely fashion
• Act as internal and external point-of-contact for all talent payment related questions
• Ensure above-the-line payroll start paperwork is received, complete and accurate
• Willing to tackle matters outside area of expertise
• Assist in researching, developing and testing new technologies that provide the next generation of contract administration and production finance tools and determine how and when to best incorporate into the production accounting workflow
• Candidates must have 5+ years in production payroll, business affairs, legal or contract administration at a major studio or entertainment company
• Solid understanding of the payroll process and relevant provisions of above-the-line union agreements (e.g., DGA, WGA, SAG-AFTRA)
• Ability to read and understand legal contracts and articulate issues providing creative, production or financial context
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vwvn-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.